Strange sector error

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, centering the level wouldn't work, it has been said that if the entire level fits inside a 32kx32k square, no matter if it's centered or not :P But anyways, doesn't Aerial Garden take up all the 64kx64k square you can use normally? :/

I'm starting to consider not putting this map into the OLDC, the major error is going to take a little longer than three days to figure out for me DX

Aerial Garden 2, in the current Mystic Realm, barely skirts the restriction. If you notice, the player starts facing south, goes into a long passageway with a bunch of gargoyles, and then ends up facing north for the 6 large rooms. At the end of the large rooms, I make the player go south again by going in-between the large rooms, compressing the space as much as possible. Basically, if I didn't do that, the stage would break the 32K limit. Originally I didn't have that passageway with the gargoyles, and that's how I found out about the limit to begin with. By orienting the room on the edge the other way and adding a little passage to turn the player around, I got around that restriction. If you're having trouble with the 32Kx32K limit, I highly encourage you to look at AGZ2 to see how I got around it.

Neo Aerial Garden Zone, the remake for 1.1, has AGZ1-4, STPZ, and ISZ in the same stage, and that stage is 64Kx64K. However, 1.1 has a fix for the blockmap issue which solves this problem. I actually made the remake originally as an easy way to make a stage far too large in order to test the fix.

I'll take a look at it, but I would probaly end up totaly changing the part of my map that has the error wouldn't I?

Well, that depends. You can also rotate a part of the map so that only the transition has to change. Basically, you just have to squish everything into a box 32Kx32K. If you can move something so that section of your map just ends up somewhere else and doesn't go outside the box, it's fine.

I'll work on it, but its not going into the contest, sadly. =(

Question: Is there a way to move all of the lindefs or sectors?

yes, get your mouse to a corner of all the sectors (or linedefs) and hold and drag in the opposite direction. If the level is too big it causes a overfolw error sometimes >.>

Thanks, but I'm scraping this level and just throwing in into an archive wad with my sucesses and failures. I'll try what you said though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back