Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm wondering is how you have other maps such as levels from the archives and when I look at the maincfg there is no level header for those levels.

And fine, because everyone is insisting, I will attempt to use the Egg Sand Sub. No guarantees it'll work well though, in which case I'll revert back to the ordinary boss.
Remember that you use every srb2 bosses at least two times, and there are two versions of the egg sub sand boss (v3.0 the easier and v3.6 the harder). I think that you could use the v3.0 for Eruption Conduit Zone and v3.6 in Gritty Columns Zone. So all bosses will be used two times (and with easier and harder versions of each one)

Eggmobile: SAZ and SWZ (although i think that the spiked mobile works better here)
Spiked Eggmobile: FSZ (but i think that work better here the Egg slimer (harder version) for the level theme and move the spiked mobile to SNZ)
Eggslimer: DDZ (easier) and SNZ (harder)
Eggdiver or Seaeggmobile: LGZ and AAZ
Eggsub-sand: ECZ (v3.0) and GCZ (v3.6)

So those change in the bosses, TP will be more balanced in boss stages.

This is only an idea, but i think it could work in TP.

And please Fawfulfan: try to improve something in AAZ act 2.

Okay, I've finally decided against using the Egg Sand Sub. Among other reasons, it wrecked the difficulty curve when I tried implementing it. Also, I feel like it crosses a line for my comfort in terms of using other people's stuff, even though Blade has given permission for its use. With other people's custom textures it's different; I can still use them in novel ways. On the other hand, any attempt on my part to use the Egg Sand Sub would just be a derivative clone of the stadium Blade used to show off the boss.

So, no. No Egg Sand Sub. Sorry.

What I'm wondering is how you have other maps such as levels from the archives and when I look at the maincfg there is no level header for those levels.
Yeah they are. Look again.

Also, I feel like it crosses a line for my comfort in terms of using other people's stuff,[...]

Using a new boss because it does not belong to you: Bad

Re-Using bosses we're all sick of even though they technically don't belong to you either: A-OK

I respect your opinion to not use the eggsub boss although i want to see it in some level pack (i think it could be the official ACZ boss). However i think that you could change the concept of bosses like some other level packs make like the Emerald Isles (SDZ act 3 and ALZ act 3) to make those boss stages less boring (remaking some boss arenas). Also, i don't know about your SOC knowledge, but you could try to soc some bosses to make harder LGZ boss (deleting the boss in a pinch behaviour) and SWZ (eggman could shoot more lasers instead of one).

This is only a suggestion, i think you should put more emphasis first improving some other things in the worst levels.

After SRB2 release more bosses you could try change and revamp bosses.

Last edited:
犬夜叉;684465 said:
Can someone else confirm/deny this? I see nothing out of the ordinary.
Hmm, that's actually weird. I tried this again and now it works perfectly normal. I can't recreate the bug again. Hmm.

LolEdit: OK, after trying a little longer, it just started to make this glitch. I will try to find out what I did.
LolEdit2: Well I really don't how I did this. This glitch just shows up randomly when starting a new game (saved or not).

Last edited:
Yeah they are. Look again.

I did and there is only the 1 player ones and the multiplayer ones, none of the unlockable levels.

Hmm, that's actually weird. I tried this again and now it works perfectly normal. I can't recreate the bug again. Hmm.

LolEdit: OK, after trying a little longer, it just started to make this glitch. I will try to find out what I did.
LolEdit2: Well I really don't how I did this. This glitch just shows up randomly when starting a new game (saved or not).

Did you beat the whole zone or just the first level?

And please Fawfulfan: try to improve something in AAZ act 2.

This is only a suggestion, i think you should put more emphasis first improving some other things in the worst levels.
With college coming shortly and cutting down his time, it makes much more sense to work on the better levels first, since those are easier to improve. We all know AAZ needs improvements badly, but you don't need to play them as long as they aren't changed, you know?

I respect your opinion to not us the eggsub boss although i want to see it in some level pack (i think it could be the official ACZ boss).
Blade's Lost Worlds will use it, as that is what it was made for.

I respect your opinion to not us the eggsub boss although i want to see it in some level pack

Uh, you DO know that it was originally made to be used for my level pack, right? It's not a stand alone boss, more of a demo, I guess.

On topic, I need to try the new version sometime, it looks good, though.

Did you beat the whole zone or just the first level?
With this random glitch, I only have to beat the first level and it already gives me the "Try Again" screen.

It doesn't load the beginning cutscene and most of the textures. The custom textures get replaced by the standard textures from SRB2. Also some things are missing, like the sunshades or the towels.

This glitch randomly comes when starting a new game in XSRB2.

Edit: Found a little thing. The glitch does this: Instead of sending me to MAP01 at the start, I get sent to MAPA1. This is the level from Tortured Archives, showing the old first level.

Last edited:
Uh, you DO know that it was originally made to be used for my level pack, right? It's not a stand alone boss, more of a demo, I guess.

See, that's part of the reason why I'm not going to use it. Whether or not it's better than the Egg Slimer, the context in which I used the Egg Slimer is at least less of a copy/paste than I could ever hope to do with the Egg Sand Sub.

I did and there is only the 1 player ones and the multiplayer ones, none of the unlockable levels.
Look a third time. The Tortured Archives levels have the same level names as the main levels; that's probably why you overlooked them.

Also, regarding the rash of discussion over glitches that ensue when this is inserted into XSRB2: I have a solution. Don't mix Tortured Planet with XSRB2 at all. Tortured Planet is designed to be supported by vanilla SRB2, and not for anything else. If it works well in another EXE mod, that's great, but I do not, nor will I ever, guarantee it will work well.

Last edited:
Also, regarding the rash of discussion over glitches that ensue when this is inserted into XSRB2: I have a solution. Don't mix Tortured Planet with XSRB2 at all. Tortured Planet is designed to be supported by vanilla SRB2, and not for anything else. If it works well in another EXE mod, that's great, but I do not, nor will I ever, guarantee it will work well.

Woah woah woah, that ONE GUY found a bug that he COULDNT DUPLICATE, and you say XSRB2 isn't compatible? That isn't enough ground to say this is incompatible with XSRB2, since that's all I use myself, and I never had issues with TP.

Woah woah woah, that ONE GUY found a bug that he COULDNT DUPLICATE, and you say XSRB2 isn't compatible? That isn't enough ground to say this is incompatible with XSRB2, since that's all I use myself, and I never had issues with TP.
Please don't put words in my mouth. I did not sweepingly declare XSRB2 to be incompatible. What I said was that I will only guarantee optimal support for vanilla SRB2, and that I can't be responsible for any potential bugs that might arise from playing Tortured Planet in other EXEs.

See, that's part of the reason why I'm not going to use it. Whether or not it's better than the Egg Slimer, the context in which I used the Egg Slimer is at least less of a copy/paste than I could ever hope to do with the Egg Sand Sub.

...and after thinking again about it, i remember that The lost world final version isn't released for now, and if you use the eggsub-sand boss you are using it first than the main author. And differently is the fact if someone decide to use the bleech bouncer because you are using this stuff in a complete and public version of your mod.

I understand that is annoying to use puzzles. That's just a pity. Well, I was thinking on an new puzzle. Those that you have to move pieces correctly to make a picture. No, it's not jigsaw.
figura246.jpg

This is the one. Push the pieces to make them in order. But I think that would be a more complicated gimmick than the UFO one. But here's the proposal. And I'm really sad about the Egg Sand Sub idea. It is boring to have the same Egg Slimer, Sea Eggand Egg Mobile(what?), but it's fine.
And I had the crazy idea of putting some guys on the way. Just like MetalKOTE on Acid Plant, to give us information about puzzles or some. Thank you for listening... I mean, reading...
default.php
default.php

Sorry, but that is beyond not only my capabilities, but would also push the limits of linedef executor-based commands and PolyObjects to the very brink, if not downright exceed them. That would require no less than fifteen PolyObjects and dozens upon dozens of PolyObject-collision-detection-based linedef executor triggers, not to mention executor responses handy to prepare the game to decide what to do for just about any possible combination of tiles. And even if, by some miracle, I worked out a way to perfectly engineer the mechanics of that puzzle, it would look ugly as hell, probably paint the screen with glitches as the PolyObjects slid around each other, and because SRB2 lacks the capacity (at least at the moment) to render flats on PolyObjects, it would be annoyingly tricky to make every button even look sufficiently different, not to mention downright impossible to put numbers on them. And let's pretend for a second that I actually managed to find a way around all that and managed to build this puzzle flawlessly. It would almost certainly break the flow of SRB2 due to its difficulty.

Also, regarding the bosses...they may be boring right now, but once all the other official bosses are available, I am going to do my best to include them all.

Well, ok. I meant that not using numbers. They make Eggman's face when it is solved. But beyond your description, it's better don't touch it again.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

And if my ideas enter the game, will my name be on credits? Hehehehehe

Okay, now that I've figured this out, I have specific questions for two people.

Neo1000: Why the heck are you putting XSRB2 on SRB1 Remake before adding Tortured Planet?

Fawfulfan: Why, why, why are you not modifying SPSTAGE_START? Relying on defaults is bad, bad form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back