Firekey and save files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
Every once in a while when playing SRB2, my fire key resets itself or something. I changed the controls in option menu so that when I press shift I can fire, but sometimes when I'm playing it's like I didn't make that change, and the fire key isn't assigned to any button. How can I fix this? It's annoying to have to stop in match/CTF netgames so I can go into the options menu and pick my fire key again.

Also, I have 4 save files where I collected all chaos emeralds/emblems. If I delete them will everything I unlocked go away? I just wanted to know because I want to make room for save files on my favorite mods...

Jellybones69 said:
Also, I have 4 save files where I collected all chaos emeralds/emblems. If I delete them will everything I unlocked go away? I just wanted to know because I want to make room for save files on my favorite mods...

Data and statistics are stored in dat files (gamedata.dat stores all stats of SRB2, like unlocked things and collected items).

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Config.cfg#gamedata.dat

Saved games are in ssg files, IF I'M NOT WRONG. Try to create a folder and move them there. If saved game screen has all slots cleaned up, that's because I'm right and what you have thought will work.

Every once in a while when playing SRB2, my fire key resets itself or something. I changed the controls in option menu so that when I press shift I can fire, but sometimes when I'm playing it's like I didn't make that change, and the fire key isn't assigned to any button. How can I fix this? It's annoying to have to stop in match/CTF netgames so I can go into the options menu and pick my fire key again.

It happens during netgames? It happens with me too, but I didn't discover how to solve it. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back