Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster Iestyn said:
I meant doors on the ceiling/floor of a room. I should have remembered to tell you all that... Silly me...
Huh, isn't this exactly the same case for this matter? Polyobjects only affect the vertices, and hence the horizontal movement of sectors. Nothing more, vertical stuff doesn't matter really.

Sik said:
Monster Iestyn said:
I meant doors on the ceiling/floor of a room. I should have remembered to tell you all that... Silly me...
Huh, isn't this exactly the same case for this matter? Polyobjects only affect the vertices, and hence the horizontal movement of sectors. Nothing more, vertical stuff doesn't matter really.

This is struck me with confusion. I thought it wouldn't work because of the fact that polyobjects can't cross any linedefs. At least I know it would work now...

Just imagine the door movement as moving the vertices. If no linedefs cross in the process, it's fine :P

Sik said:
Or they could just change the amount of rings and time for each Special Stage :P

That won't work. Lowering the amount of rings needed for Easy would probably make most special stages too easy, while in Hard, you may not be able to raise the amount of rings needed so much for some of the special stages without making the amount more than the amount of rings there are in them, making it impossible without cheating. Putting more rings won't help either, as there isn't much space for any more rings in the special stages, as nearly all the space in each of them is already filled with them.

Lowering the time for some of the special stages in Hard would either make them too hard, or impossible. Raising the time for Easy would be quite the opposite.

Personally, I don't think the special stages are designed to change for each of the difficulties.

@The special stages difficulty

Well couldn't you add ring only for a certain mode?,just like ring boxes?

Like 250 ring you need to get for medium*about - extra*
Then for easy make it have 30 rings less for the total and theirs - rings placed on the map?

Autosaver said:
@The special stages difficulty

Well couldn't you add ring only for a certain mode?,just like ring boxes?

Like 250 ring you need to get for medium*about - extra*
Then for easy make it have 30 rings less for the total and theirs - rings placed on the map?

I know that. Read what I said again.
I clearly said,
"There isn't much space for any more rings in the special stages, as nearly all of the space in each of them is taken up."

I also said reducing the amount of rings would most likely make some special stages too easy, like the first few for example.

For some reason Ash always seems to have a opposite view to mine... but I think it's just coincedence.

In theory, you're changing the difficulty of the entire game anyways :P

But c'mon, I don't think it can hurt that much. Sonic 2z special stages were horribly hard, still they're beatable without cheating. SRB2 special stages in hard wouldn't be that bad, so it should be more than OK.

Isn't this how it works for super forms in 1.1?

Just having a default glide speed in addition with the proportion, "runspeed = glidespeed" would work better. In 1.1, Knuckles is at a bit of a disadvantage, as with Tails being faster, Sonic being the same, etcetera. What better way to balance it?

Ash said:
Just having a default glide speed in addition with the proportion, "runspeed = glidespeed" would work better. In 1.1, Knuckles is at a bit of a disadvantage, as with Tails being faster, Sonic being the same, etcetera. What better way to balance it?

He does get disadvantaged again with his jump height being lower, but this would balance him out.

Let's give Knuckles very awesome handling, even better than Tails. He was always the slow one, and Tails and Sonic were always running too fast to stop and turn around, most of the time. (Sonic Adventure, Sonic and Knuckles)

Hyper Shadic X said:
Maybe we can have Knuckles have a Superform that glowes red-peach-pink-peach-red? And Tails can go super, but ONLY with the 8th emerald. And if Sonic/Knuckles walk/run when "hyper," they leave after images? And there is an explosion if Hyper Knuckles slams into a wall (glides onto it)? Oh, but Tails wouldn't leave After Images. He has flickies instead. :P And (Senku asked this I belive,), if there is a SOC lmp in OBJECTCFG, than the SOC is only run for THAT character? Because if this is done, we can have more possibilities, like having only ONE charachter use SMS' spinning "nojumpspin" effect at a time! :D Oh, and you know how Knuckles' 2nd glide frame is the same as his 1st? Well, maby that can be the "Super Run" frame for Knuckles only, and his regular walking frames are his super walking frames too? Same thing with Tails, only his Super Run can be his other two Run-Frames, because the're the same as the 1st two.

Are any of these suggestions acceptable?

-HSX
No.

As a reminder to you all, in 1.1, Tails and Knuckles can only turn super in Match. And there isn't going to be any 8th emerald in 1.1 anyway.

I just realised this - what about the superforms for custom characters like Shadow, Amy, Mighty, etc? What's could they do? I asked this before in this topic and I was totally ignored!! D:<

[quote="Monster Iestyn"
I just realised this - what about the superforms for custom characters like Shadow, Amy, Mighty, etc? What's could they do? I asked this before in this topic and I was totally ignored!! D:<[/quote] It'll depend on their ability.

Thok - What Sonic has
Fly - What Tails has
Glide/Climb - What Knuckles has
Glide alone - What Knuckles has but without climbing
Swim - What Tails has and can swim above water
Super Sonic Hover - Faster hovering?
Slow Fall - Fall speed can be controlled with the spindash and jump button. For this to work, the jump button doesn't have to be held down to keep falling. (I Think that might happen already, I've never used this ability before.)

Your idea for the Super Sonic hover isn't that good. You hover just like walking and running, except in midair, and your speed would have already increased upon becoming super anyway.

Not only that, but you forgot about double jump.

What about other super abilities too? Like what Super Mecha Sonic does at the end of Knuckles' story in S3&K where he throws rings in all directions. Or maybe even a crazy super-fast multi-homing thok that can only be activated if theres either a single enemy or a group of enemies within it's radius. I've listed more as well somewhere in the non-discussion thread, as well as other superform-related attributes.

Superusuario said:
-Trigger Linedef Executor(Touch Sector Ceiling).(Sector)
-Linedef Executor:Change Character.
-Current/Wind Right/Left.
-Current/Wind that feels like a Tornado.(Linedefs)
-Linedef Executor:Change Gametype.
-Instant-Game over(Sector)
-Linedef Executor:Box trap and after a minute Loose a life.

||| - Good
||| - Bad

Current/Wind Right/Left.
Current direction is determined by linedef direction.

Current/Wind that feels like a Tornado.(Linedefs)
This can be done with very intricately placed current/wind sectors.

Linedef Executor:Change Gametype.
Why would you do this during a stage? And even so, a script could execute this, but it would only work if the host, or a player admin executes it.

Linedef Executor:Box trap and after a minute Loose a life.
You can already do this with linedef executors of different types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back