Local Multiplayer Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliwood

This is regarding Two-Player play.

There's nothing I love more than playing a game of srb2 with my friend. Online multiplayer is fine, but local multiplayer is the bomb, especially in co-op. We're currently trying to play through Mystic Realm. However that's not the problem.

The problem is the camera. Second player suffers the worst of it, but sometimes the first player has a problem as well and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Let me explain.

As far as problems for the first player camera, there aren't really any problems. You know, except for when player two steps into certain spots that force the first player's camera to be second player's camera for what can either be short times or long extensions of time.

And speaking of second player's camera, it doesn't always follow the second player like it should. At certain spots ((DSZ1 where you have to jump onto the platforms that rise as soon as you land on them)) the camera does not follow the player at all like it should. It will follow first player just fine, but it doesn't do it for the second player. This often can kill second player due to not being able to properly judge the angle.

I can take screenshots if no one knows what I'm talking about. But is there any way to fix this? Also "Just play multiplayer online" is not fixing the problem.

(((also I tried looking for a similar topic but I couldn't seem to find one)))

Last edited:
djdb.png

kdmb.png

Here I have included two images that show the exact problem I am speaking of.

am I just the only who has this problems or what?

Not that, I'm sure everyone has this problem, so that I have mentioned in another topic. The reason for so few answers is that people play in geralmete Netgame LAN or there is not (or need not be) contact with this type of game.

You know what I do to avoid that problem as this bug is not straightened out? I turn off the camera, at least mine where I'm the player 2, but still bugs continue to player 1. I'm sure the administrators and especially the developers know of this problem, now we must wait ...

Sorry I can not be very helpful to solve your problem, but this is my advice.

Well, most likely you've found a bug. Check the bug reports forum to see if it's been reported before, and try to nail down exactly what causes the problem. In the past I remember we used to have issues in splitscreen mode when player 1's camera got stuck on something, it would do weird things to player 2's camera. Dunno if that's still the case, but it's worth testing. It's likely that something happening to player 1 is causing player 2's camera to bug out.

Good to know the issue has been resolved. I apologize for making an already existing topic hah......... That said though, I can't wait for 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back