How do I put custom sprites in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! I mean do you know the Mystic realm? There are those Black crawlas. How Mystic putted those there? In XWE? Or Doom builder?

XWE.....I haven't open up Mystic realm in XWE, but I think Mystic recolored them and put them as extra sprites ans made them more challenging, so my answer to you is to get XWE, paint program, a brain, the wiki or people you know that can help you out, to get yourself started.

I edited your title for you. Next time try to be more descriptive on your topic title. As for putting custom sprites in the game, it involves SOCing. http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Enemy_Creation_Guide <- this might help you with the SOCing side of it.

As for putting the sprites in the WAD, you first need to open XWE and put S_START and S_END lumps somewhere in your WAD (Right before the MAP## stuff is good). Then, put your sprites in between the S_START and S_END lumps. If you are using the first Free slot, then it would look something like this.

Code:
S_START
F001A1
F001A2A8
F001A3A7
F001A4A6
F001A5
F001B1
F001B2B8
S_END

The F001 refers to the THING being used (like a crawla or a tree), the letters refer to the frame number (A means 0, B means 1 etc), and the numbers are the angles.

I hope that explains it enough for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back