Changing default settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I want to know if there's a way to set change the default OpenGL Video graphics filter to Trilinear, so I don't have to switch to it every time I open SRB2. Can I do that without a .bat file, and, if I do need a DOS batch file, what should I put in it?

Autoexec.cfg is a configuration file that runs different commands at the start of SRB2. With this, you can do things like change your console's color, change your default name, set bind keys without having to type in binds, and add WADs on start up but you wont be able to join games unless you take it out. An example of an Autoexec.cfg is like this:
Code:
alias listmap "exec listmap.txt"
bind 5 "alwaysmlook off"
bind 4 "alwaysmlook on"
bind 1 "skin tails; color blue"
bind 2 "skin sonic; color silver"
bind 3 "skin tailsrider; color blue"
bind 9 "listserv"
bind 0 "listwad; nodes; gametype; showmap"
bind 6 "changeteam blue"
bind 8 "screenshot"
bind 7 ""
con_backcolor blue
color blue
name sonic260
skin tails
changeteam blue

To make one, Open up Notepad and put whatever commands you want into it. Then "Save As" all files and type "autoexec.cfg"

Oh, THAT. Actually, I already tried that, but it didn't work. Autoexec just reset itself when SRB2 loaded.

Sorry about double post, but I need to ask this question in a manner that will be noticed.

I actually haven't tried autoexec.cfg before. If I made that file, would it automatically be used whenever I open SRB2, or would I have to open the file to load the game?

If its in your SRB2 directory, it will automatically look for it and load it when Srb2 starts up.

Okay, I have an autoexec.cfg, but what would I put in the file to change the default texture filter to trilinear?

Awesome! It worked! Thanks a lot, I was trying to figure out what the correct wording would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back