There is a maximum amount of bans ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oerg

Likes CTF
There is a maximum amount of bans.

I cannot even begin to describe how stupid that limitation is.

That's all.

Polite as always,
Eric

Code:
"Too many bans! Geez, that's a lot of people you're excluding...\n",           //TOOMANYBANS

I don't think much else needs saying. Why do you need so many?

Why do you need so many?

Being that he's running a 24/7 server on the Master Server, there's a good chance that he's needed to ban a lot of people.

although a limit on bans seems unecessary in the first place

Integer overflow? I don't know how much memory is allocated for bans, but I'm assuming there's a cap to prevent an accident like that. Or because you should re-evaluate a lot of things if you have that many bans. I honestly don't know.

Integer overflow? I don't know how much memory is allocated for bans, but I'm assuming there's a cap to prevent an accident like that. Or because you should re-evaluate a lot of things if you have that many bans. I honestly don't know.

Um. The problem is, I don't even get the message. After like 18 bans, the person can just join again, even with IP on banlist (at that point the ban command doesnt even work anymore).

16?!

Clearly you people don't understand the concept of a 24/7 dedicated server.

I don't want bad people to come back. Face it: SRB2 community is filled with spamming, drop-hacking, unpleasant and rude assholes.
And 16/18 isnt exactly MANY either.

Maybe you should considering hiring more admins? Players who tend to play a lot, but that you can also trust. I mean I've been in your server quite a few times before and sometimes there is not even a single admin there to bring order. I find it quite annoying at times, especially when trying to play.

Metal Fighter, read what he's saying! The issue here isn't a lack of administrators; it's a lack of slots for banning people because of a technical limitation. He literally CAN'T ban people that cause trouble because he'd have to unban another troublemaker in order to do so.

I'm sure I looked upon this before, but can't we do bans according to the ban.txt exclusively? SRB2 is obviously becoming more popular, and more people want to make a VPS for it. And limiting the banlist isn't a good start to it.

Edit: There's two VPS srb2 servers currently up, a Tag one hosted by TheBetaFox and this CTF one hosted by Oerg866

Of course the obvious solution is to ban the person who is causing the problem, but because he clearly can't, due to the limit, I suggested that he get more people to take care of his server. If someone is spamming on his server, he should get more admins to take care of his server. The admins would then be able to mute the chat whenever someone spams. Since most players on the game aren't exactly patient, they'd probably leave the server, then the admin would be able to unmute the chat after they leave. Of course you could always just kick the player, but if they constantly keep coming back then I suggest what I just said above. If someone is lagging the server and is unwilling to leave then just kick them. If they keep coming back then you may need to unban someone in order to solve your problem. If the person you unbanned, however, returns with their, oh lets see, spamming problem perhaps, then just do what I mentioned above. See you don't exactly have to ban the person who is causing the problem although it would be the most efficient way to handle it. There are many ways to get rid of players who are causing problems without having to ban them. This is why you get more admins who know ways to get rid of players without banning them. There are many creative ways to get rid of players without causing too much chaos in a server ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back