Port Forwarding (faq link not helping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Ninja

I just got a new router, and I need to forward my ports, but I can't remember how, ans I searched, but everything I found was irrelevent.

Thank you.
EDIT: I've got port 5029 forwarded, so I can access the MS, and that one's working. I've got it set to forward 28900 so I can be seen, but that one isn't working. Is this the wrong port?
EDIT 2: I got it.

When I do that, it tells me to enter the ip of the router when setting the port. I do it, and it says I can't use the ip of the router.
EDIT: It also says put SRB21. Shouldn't it be SRB2WIN?

Well, that is possible, but if that were the case, the reader would have to be very stupid. It seems more likely that it was said orrally, and misheard. Still, that's not the point now. I can't do exactly what it tells me.

Well, it really doesn't matter what you name it, as long as you put the ports and IPs right.

Anyway, do you mean you can't connect to your router's IP? I'm sure it's 192.168.0.1 ... or 192.168.1.1 ... Something like that, depending on your router.

I need to forward my ports also, but I don't even know how to :/.

Blue Warrior said:
Anyway, do you mean you can't connect to your router's IP? I'm sure it's 192.168.0.1 ... or 192.168.1.1 ... Something like that, depending on your router.
I can get to the page, but it tells me to put the ip of the router in the Applications & Gaming page, and I can't.
EDIT: I think I figured it out. The first page has a field called Starting I.P. Address. It has 1.100 instead of 1.1. Should I use that instead?

Oh, yeah, definitely. Putting .1 for routing isn't going to do anything, which is the mistake I made on my first time. .100 is most likely the address for your computer.

Of course, if you have multiple computers using that router and .100 doesn't work, just go up the numbers .101, .102, etc. until you find the right computer IP.

Ok, thanks.
EDIT: My server still doesn't get listed. I'm using .1.100 because I'm on my first computer. Is that right?

Sky Ninja said:

You don't have to change anything on that page. You need to be on a page like this:

App_Gaming_Page.PNG

I edited out some things for security reasons only.

The IP address you enter on the page is your internal IP address on your network. Click on "Start" > Run... Type in "cmd" without the quotes and when the window pops up, type in ipconfig. In there, you should see an IP like 192.168.1.X under "IP Address" for your network adapter. That is what you should put in there. The reason you need to port forward is because the router acts like a firewall until you tell the router that this port is open on this internal IP address. Until you do so, you will be unable to host games or anything like that. You can still join games and such though.

Yeah, it's the same thing as was on the page, and besides, it's been going for me for like 1h 30min. Unforunatley, the ms is messed up. Also, I put 28900 in there as well, so it shows right, and I left application blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back