Flat Converting Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson TH

Everytime I place a FLAT texture in XWE and try to convert it to DOOM format it justs cuts it down to 64x64. I know the wiki states that it's normal, but SRB2 still loads it as a 64x64 image. I haven't really bothered with SLADE or SLumpED because SLADE crashes randomly for no reason and SLumpED apparently can't even support the resolution I'm using (which is 256x64, by the way).

If my explanation still doesn't make sense after all that (I don't blame you, I don't get my self either) I guess this could help a little: http://www.sendspace.com/file/yxqu3m

Thanks in advance.

If by a resolution of 256x64 you mean the flat's dimensions, that might be the problem right there. Flats need to be perfectly square as far as I'm aware.

Yeah. If there's a damn good reason why it's 256 wide and not 64, then tile it four times and make it 256x256. I'm not 100% sure you can even have a flat that size, but it couldn't hurt to try.

I'll try that.
If by a resolution of 256x64 you mean the flat's dimensions, that might be the problem right there. Flats need to be perfectly square as far as I'm aware.
Oh. Sorry, I kinda got them mixed up.

EDIT: Well, that's kind of odd. Someone showed me their srb2.srb and it loaded as 64x64 while my most of my textures loaded as 256x64.

EDIT2: Okay, this doesn't make sense anymore. I replaced it with a 128x128 version of it and it loaded it as 256x64 just the way I originally saw it. Which was what I was looking for so I guess this thread can be locked now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back