Joined Game with no one there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOG:
http://www.nomorepasting.com/getpaste.php?pasteid=16647

Question:
How come I was not the host and the only one there?

Informateion:
When I joined a server named Cue's Delecated Server it had 2 other people there and then after a few seconds they both leaved so I was thinking wheres Cue and whos the Admin then so I tryed STARTRINGS 3 and it said I am not the Admin and when I typed ping I was node 2 and the only one there

That would be a dedicated server, a means of hosting netgames without actually running SRB2. The host views the game through a console, without actually being able to see or act ingame.

It's meant to be a way of hosting 24 hour netgames, but in SRB2 that's not really practical, so I'm not totally sure what we use them for.

Hello, Donovan the hedgehog. Here's way to make joinable dedicated server:

1. Put in command line: -server -dedicated -iternetserver -file (some wadz if needed)
2. To change map, servername, MoTD, etc., make text file named adedserv.cfg and put there:

Code:
servername "JOIN ME!"
motd "Hi"
map map** -gametype (match, tag, ctf, coop, race)
(other parrameters here if needed)
3. Launch game.

All parrameters other than servername you can change in the console.

If you want to host multiple servers once, add to command line -clientport (port number), than host, than change parrameters in adedserv.cfg for second server and replace number at -clientport with any other. Make sure the port which you using are forwarded. Information how to forward ports can be found here.

Hetor said:
If you want to host multiple servers once, add to command line -clientport (port number), than host, than change parrameters in adedserv.cfg for second server and replace number at -clientport with any other. Make sure the port which you using are forwarded. Information how to forward ports can be found here.

What? So they can be banned from the MS for wasting bandwidth too?

Honestly, nobody here has a home connection decent enough to run more than 1 good server. The only connection I know of that could handle it is the SRB2 Dedicated Server, but even that gets a tiny bit of c-lag... :/

I will take this moment to point out that SRB2 sends a heartbeat to the master server every 2 seconds, so you may have 3 servers but only have people in 1 of them, but the other two will still be sending heartbeats, which just makes it worse...

I think it's 2 seconds, anyways, although I'm not completely sure... O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back