Small 2.1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that they're taking out colored text. Is that true? Could we still use them in level headers or server names if its gone?

They're not "taking it out", they've fixed a bug in 2.0 that allowed you to use it. It was never supposed to be usable.

They're not "taking it out", they've fixed a bug in 2.0 that allowed you to use it. It was never supposed to be usable.
Originally said by Sonic The Hedgehog
I see.
But for color letters and stuff like that, it seems the only controlled exe mod that uses colors is XSRB2. When your typing then you press tab to get 10 selections of colors.

EDIT: I think thats how you do it. Havent played that mod in a while cause I was out hanging out at the beach.

Last edited:
But for color letters and stuff like that, it seems the only controlled exe mod that uses colors is XSRB2. When your typing then you press insert to get 10 selections of colors.

EDIT: I think thats how you do it. Havent played that mod in a while cause I was out hanging out at the beach.

Actually, it was like that because that XSRB2 version was released AFTER 2.0.6. So, the developer had it fixed AFTER 2.0.6 was released.

Well well well...What do we have here...Already a 2.1?...It reminds me when the server was 1.09.3...It look long before it updates... I wonder what takes THAT much time...I know doing bug fixes is long...map add and creation are long as well for sure...But they still are faster then when they passed from 1.09.X to 2.X.

On my side, I would expect deseperatly the return of the possibility of using super for any character(Even in Coop)...I know that some people finds it overpower...but on the otherside, rookies would be able to pass hard part easier?...I'm not going to argue on that point...I just wanted to show my expectings...

On the other hand, I saw the Monitors sprite...Lemme tell you that I find those really highly graphical...I never saw any graphic of this king on SRB2 since now!... They should be a bit more Retro?...

Once again, I talk and talk and talk...but in all what I say is my opinion...I know I'm not well known here and I have no reputation (Well...maybe a bit?) but I'm sure some people would agree with me if I say that its some kind of loss that we loose LightThok, Homing Thok, run on water and much more abilities that was making the game having some kind of new experience...Sure, some character was overpowered...but since the character filter on the forum, I'm sure no one will ever abuse of them anymore?...or at least, their wad will never be public =P

So to resume, I expect the return of Super for all character and some of the old abilities (Not expecting them all...just some so new character can be added later) and I also think that some sprite will be changed (like the famous Elemental shield due to some complaining?)

Huh...Did I talked too much once again? ^o^"

I think the new version is coming in a month or so... Sonic Team Jr. has been working Little hard on the CEZ... and also adding some other stuff...

Its coming out well on the picture... I hope it comes out less then 2 months... Im kinda hyped for this 2.1
pinkiehappy.png

Last edited:
Who isn't hyped for it?
It's been awhile since that last demo (sometime after sage LAST (not this) year)

Yeah, SSN uploaded it one day early, but it was still released for SAGE, so that one day doesn't really matter.

I´m looking forward to this new version.

Joey the Fox, if you are always thinking how long is going to take, it's going to take even longer.

About that point, you are 100% percent right, Rocky... But on the other hand, it is unsupportable to wait like this... They Openly sent a Preview of the 2.1...I bet nobody would have expected it if there wasn't any preview...

I'd like to put my hand of the lastest version as well and Rock On in the game as Vector, Charmy, Espio and Mighty (As you can see, I seem to use Team Chaotix members...) and try out the new levels and all the new stuff... I also expect myself to do a map someday that will somewhat be as nice as Mystic's one...But I can keep on Dreaming =D...

Any of you noticed a lack of player?...I wonder why?...

I know, i know, but at least try to distract yourself with SRB2 mods, levels, etc..

I'm trying not to yell at the whole world:

"WHEN SRB2 2.1 IS GOING TO COME OUT?"

See, just try to wait....

Last edited:
Joey the Fox, if you are always thinking how long is going to take, it's going to take even longer.

Thanks for the tip dude... Next time I WONT say when im thinking of when its going to come out... >.>

Yeah, maybe the sprites in the monitor (like the shoes and stuff) Look pretty old and sacred, maybe need to get fixed, but they're still cool to me.

Ok good! Now lets give every Sonic sprite green eyes.

Why would we do that? This game is suppose to be like the genesis games not like the modern games and besides like you need sonics eyes to be green because every server now a days has either ah-sonic.wad or vs-sonic.wad which are sonicce's but with homing attack and run at a ridiculous amount of speed.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

A week ago:

Now:

<-- click on meeee for more info

Bingo!!!

EDIT:

Although, the elemental icon looks like the... Earth. :/

Two problems the speed shoe has modern sonics shoe which doesn't fit on this game because as I stated before "this game is based off the genesis titles" blah blah and also am I the only one who thinks about making most sprites in this game actual 3D instead of 2D?

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Why?

Fire Shield - We can already thok!

Bubble Sheild - As powerful as Whirlwind!

Get rid of the thok and replace it with the insta-shield

Get rid of the whirlwind why do we need this custom stuff if we can just add stuff from the sonic games?

Why would we do that? This game is suppose to be like the genesis games not like the modern games and besides like you need sonics eyes to be green because every server now a days has either ah-sonic.wad or vs-sonic.wad which are sonicce's but with homing attack and run at a ridiculous amount of speed.

That "green eyes" suggestion was pure sarcasm, in case you didn't notice.

Two problems the speed shoe has modern sonics shoe which doesn't fit on this game because as I stated before "this game is based off the genesis titles" blah blah and also am I the only one who thinks about making most sprites in this game actual 3D instead of 2D?

Oh, come on, didn't we go over this already in this topic? They're just monitor icons, so who cares?

Get rid of the thok and replace it with the insta-shield

That would break a lot of maps, mind. And I mean a lot.

Get rid of the whirlwind why do we need this custom stuff if we can just add stuff from the sonic games?

Uh, why? And what stuff from the Sonic games?

That "green eyes" suggestion was pure sarcasm, in case you didn't notice.

Oh, come on, didn't we go over this already in this topic? They're just monitor icons, so who cares?

That would break a lot of maps, mind. And I mean a lot.

Uh, why? And what stuff from the Sonic games?

That reply was like handing me a cup of dirt.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

And for 2.1 mind adding back the old match and ctf stages from older versions? Isn't it better to have more match and ctf stages? 2.0.6 only has a little

And for 2.1 mind adding back the old match and ctf stages from older versions? Isn't it better to have more match and ctf stages? 2.0.6 only has a little

You do realize that 2.1 adds like 10 more stages to each multiplayer gametype, right? Take a look at the 2.1 Beta packs in the SRB2 Discussion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back