SRB2 v1.09 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I was probably the first to download it completely, uber fast connection and customized download accellerator and all. o.o If you're gonna go through with that torrenting plan, I'll help.

We appear to be having some technical difficulties. Please stand by.

We may have to reupload again, so be patient. Release is always hectic around here.

Download should be working again. If you downloaded the previous version completely, download this and overwrite your old 1.09 EXE: www.sepwich.com/ssntails/Srb2win.zip

Please be patient. I know everyone is gunning to be the first to play, but trouble always arises in release.

Have fun playing v1.09!

Mystic, you posted at the same time as me! (or just IE didn't refresh)

Anyone in STJr want to make another coincidence with me today? XD With this there are two :P

1.09 has pumped me up to make something rather insane, but I have other (possibly better) things to bother with now.
I've been doing stuff with Srb2 for years and still noone but my closest friends even give a hoot. I helped graue invent new specials to program into 1.09 and informed him of countless bugs I found that were never really reported while he was still very actively working on it, I made things in SPMoves and Lightbulb Factory that Mystic wanted to steal (with permission, of course) ...

But I'm still left out, noone knows me, noone will believe that I did anything great concerning Srb2 at all, and whatever I did have, Omega stole. I guess there's still time until FD 1.1 comes out, but what can I do? I'm just a fairly good programmer and somewhat above average texture and sprite artist and STJr's staff has greater people in both those catagorys.

It may be better if I were to retreat to Kid Radd's small and slowly dying community again, where I'm the only good programmer and make something great from that. It'd certainly be something if I were to singlehandedly revive a mostly dead community and make it as great as this.

Jason the Echidna said:
1.09 has pumped me up to make something rather insane, but I have other (possibly better) things to bother with now.
I've been doing stuff with Srb2 for years and still noone but my closest friends even give a hoot. I helped graue invent new specials to program into 1.09 and informed him of countless bugs I found that were never really reported while he was still very actively working on it, I made things in SPMoves and Lightbulb Factory that Mystic wanted to steal (with permission, of course) ...

But I'm still left out, noone knows me, noone will believe that I did anything great concerning Srb2 at all, and whatever I did have, Omega stole. I guess there's still time until FD 1.1 comes out, but what can I do? I'm just a fairly good programmer and somewhat above average texture and sprite artist and STJr's staff has greater people in both those catagorys.

It may be better if I were to retreat to Kid Radd's small and slowly dying community again, where I'm the only good programmer and make something great from that. It'd certainly be something if I were to singlehandedly revive a mostly dead community and make it as great as this.

emo.gif

Yeah, SPMoves, my very first programming project in C. Which, apparently, Omega stole and almost completely left me out of, because I refused to work on it for a year as I became disgusted with my early work's messyness and Omega kept pushing me.

Now all that's left is a buggy mess with mostly good ideas implemented the right way but only partially working. Gee, that's something to be proud of.

People delete most of SPMoves' wads just 'cause they dun like the seasons, looking at certain angles relative to water makes the game crash for whatever reason, most of the cool special moves (the sole purpose of the project) are very overpowered, though I tried hard to keep them evenly so, and all the character wads are crappy recolors because only, like, 2 people gave me their wads and the only reason I made the rest was to show off the unused abilitys. Wonderful.

If I could so much as compile an exe of ZDoom that would run and be at least somewhat stable, I'd be well into development of that "ZDoom Srb2" thing I'm supposedly working on now that ZBattleship is over, but I lack the help I need to get THAT far. All the good things I've said about it are still valid at this time, it seems only SOC editing and the intro might pose a bit of a problem, but as ZDoom supports DeHackEd files, I can probably alter it to allow for SOCs as well. But then, I'm not one of the people who made Srb2 or even worked on it, I just ported it to ZDoom, so my position of nothingness still stands.

Sorry if I seem to just be taking out my frustration with myself on you like I'm in some kind of LiveJournal, but I still feel useless and unneeded (and probably am!) and would like to find SOMETHING to do. I'm a freakin' genious with an obsession for computers and an extremely creative mind!

Changelist plz

Or at least the numbers of the new linedef types so we can start updating the DoomBuilder/WadAuthor configs.

Jason went crazy.
I always liked the things you did.
But I never thought you were unneeded or unknown for anybody.

Alright, here's what I've gathered so far.
  • *New enemies in Techno Hill Zone - very easy to kill, but very easy to miss if you blast through too fast
    *SOME new music; mostly just variations of existing tunes, but Superman's theme was replaced with Viewtiful Joe's first stage tune, apparently
    *All new special stages, barring one or two.
    *You can't get all the Chaos Emeralds without getting a sig seg. v1.091, anyone? :P
    *Secondary fire.
    *A whole plethora of editing additions that we still don't know about because they've yet to be documented for the public's use.
    *Prolly a few new Match stages I've yet to look at.
I'll wager there'll be more to be found in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back