Wad downloading troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecterFlamefox

Weapon: Salami Stick
Ever since I played SRB2 2.0+, I've experience when downloading big wads from servers or just little wads. It would always stop, sometimes it does and sometimes it don't. Today I was downloading a wad for CTF which was only 100-150 KB, then it stopped at 15. I kept trying and it did the same.
Maybe it was lag? I don't know.

As for me it started since 2.05+. Before that it work fine (almost). Thats how I downloaded scr_MysticRealm20v41.wad. I wonder why theres this problem now.
Oh and for wad files that are over 1 MB google is your best friend since it makes lag for players who are already playing in the server

I noticed that. Sometimes files just STOP downloading.

And if they STOP during $$$.sav, the server just freezes and the host is forced to rehost.

Well, until that's solved, I think we're going to have to get .wad files from 4Shared.com. fawfulfan, so far, has had every wad i've been in need of. So 4Shared is the first place you should look if you cant dl or the server has it disabled. :D

Stop Download

Ditto all that you guys said...

By the way, I noticed that sometimes it helps me when I empty my downloads folder!

This is also the reason I keep my ever-changing Server WAD as small as possible, so people download as fast as possible without lagging up the server. I think the latest version is about 60kb-ish.

Lololol. I'll try to download wads from websites. Not to mention I will have to do it quick before someone takes my place (if it's a limited player server).

If you download from websites, then it will be harder to fail, even though the circumstances are possible, such as me, sometime having 2000 Bps until 0 Bps (aka fails), but your connection MUST be better than mine... I'm sure of it...

Btw, downloading from server has it's limit for each connection. Such as mine's in 500 KB, once that reaches out, you got Server Timeout. If you failed in downloading $$$.sav , then there's 2 possibility:
1. You got Connection Timeout
2. The Server Shuts Down.

Hope I helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back