SRB2 using Doomsday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCG

For a while now, I've been aware of the existence of Doomsday, which is an engine built using the original source code of Doom, and other similar first person shooters. Using the engine, they've been able to create 'modernized' versions of Doom, Heretic, and Hexen that use 3D models for the characters as well as better lighting. -Since- this was built off of the source code of the original Doom, would it be possible to create a version of SRB2 that uses Doomsday?

Yes, it probably would be possible to create a version of SRB2 in Doomsday, but the fact that so much effort and work has been put into the Doom Legacy engine; well, let's just say it's highly unlikely STJR will convert this far in the production.

With C++, anything is possible! Now go create a port of Halo for every console imaginable. :<

ISN'T THAT ASSEMBLY

Even if you did that, you'd get amazingly horrible results.

NES Halo for example. lolhuh

Legacy was perfect for our needs in 1998 when this project started. We are not switching source ports now.

Mystic said:
Legacy was perfect for our needs in 1998 when this project started. We are not switching source ports now.
So basicly, you've put more time in a fangame than SEGA puts in real games?

Fish hook said:
So basicly, you've put more time in a fangame than SEGA puts in real games?
Considering SEGA craps out a new Sonic game every year, whether it's done or not, I'd say that's a pretty obvious statement. I will remind you, however, that unlike SEGA we aren't exactly doing this full time. SRB2 is older than SA1, but I'd be willing to bet that we're only now getting close to the amount of work spent on an official title, simply because less people are involved and we don't do this from 8-5 on weekdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back