• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Music WADs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance88

Hi, I was wondering if There is a website I could find any music WADs at.
I already tried Google And Yahoo!. If there is a website with any music in it, please send me a link of it.

(I think I will probably get flamed for this.)

No, not really. SRB2's music-naming format's a bit different from DOOM, too, so that isn't going to work either. Your only real choice is to make your own.

Not really.

Since SRB2 isn't well known, then I'd guess that all of the WAD files that people have made would've been posted on the forum.
One thing you might do is make your own. There's a tutorial on Editing about how to do it.

I've made a Frogger 2 music WAD, which replaces all the level music with the music from Frogger 2, but it'd be illegal to post it since the music was ripped without Hasbro's permission. It's 20 MBs anyway; you wouldn't want it.

Lets see, so far we've seen ripped stuff off of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes from Blaze. Did he ask? Probably not. And if he did, the japanese people will ask him for what, see this site, and--well you know the rest.

Duh, but why would you do that when you can half the filesize of the MP3 by making it an OGG?

Shuffle said:
Duh, but why would you do that when you can half the filesize of the MP3 by making it an OGG?
Because converting between lossy formats creates even more data loss. Besides, it's not like you're going to distribute your music WAD, so why bother keeping the filesize low.

It's just skin off the duck's back...
Gasoline off the duck's back...
Fire off... the... er... I'll get back to you on that...

VUPlayer supports conversion to OGGs, too. And, it supports batch conversion. But, I *should* guess that DBPowerAmp would do that too...

I still can't wait when MOD/S3M/XM/IT/M03 will be supported.
*rubs hands together in anticipation*

hotdog003 said:
I still can't wait when MOD/S3M/XM/IT/M03 will be supported.
*rubs hands together in anticipation*

what is MO3?

there is support for MOD/S3M/XM/IT in 1.09
<_< can someone shot me now?

M03 is what you get when you lift off Shift too early and jab too far up to hit 'p', hitting '0' instead.

...maybe. Other than that, I'm guessing a MOD format.

http://un4seen.com/mo3.html

The website above said:
MO3 is a file format, encapsulating the features of several "MOD" formats (IT, XM, S3M, MTM, MOD), but with one big difference - MP3 and OGG compressed samples. A lossless codec is also incorporated for any samples that don't like lossy encoding, and the whole file structure is compressed too.

All this makes it possible to have great reductions in file sizes with practically identical sound quality. Infact, MO3 allows greater quality compositions because MP3/OGG encoding works best with 16-bit samples, so there's no reason to use low quality 8-bit samples anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back