• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

what do i need to start making my own characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly what you mean, then here's the answer:

SRB2 doesn't load WADs automaticly. You have to tell it that there'a wad there.

1. Save in the SRB2 folder.
2. Start srb2win.exe
3. Bring down the console by pressing the ~ key. (To the left of 1)
4. Type ADDFILE cheese.wad [enter]
where cheese.wad is the name of the wad file.
5. Hit ~ again to make the console go away

Oh, ANOTHER character wadder! *Puts notch in belt*

I'm such a ray of sunshine.

You did something wrong in the naming of the files. Did you be sure to use a hex editor or lumpmod to make the last 10 files lowercase? Be honest, now...
:wink:
Of course, I could've screwed up somewhere in the writing of that tutorial. I should go check it.

(to Ritz): What do you mean?

Well, there have been a ton of new character wadders recently, and most of them never got anything done. =/

Ritz said:
Well, there have been a ton of new character wadders recently, and most of them never got anything done. =/
Yeah, but if we flame every new character wadder and say "You can't possibly finish this", then we'll scare off the one person out of a thousand who actually has the determination to actually go through on his word.

It's bad policy to flame people before we know anything. Wait until they screw up to make fun of them, please.

I wasn't flaming, I was being cynical. There IS a difference, somewhere. *shot*

Its already been moved to the archives. That was hillarious. Recently, I had a friend who didnt know how to jump either, so he lied that he beat the game without jumping. As if.

GFZ1 - 2 jumps

GFZ2 - 6 jumps

GFZ3 - 0 jumps

THZ1 - 6 jumps

THZ2 - 4 jumps (!)

THZ3 - 1 jump (but will require 8 jumps in 1.09 due to bug fix)

CEZ1 - 10 jumps

CEZ2 - 7 jumps

CEZ3 - 0 jumps

I can do GFZ1, GFZ2, and THZ2 with no jumps at all.

Also, in theory you could beat THZ3 in 0 jumps, but you'd need the slime drops to make you bounce backwards onto the edge of the cart, then spindash off into Eggman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back