• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 to ZDOOM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is it's not so much making Sonic react to slopes (angles and all that), it's getting the Legacy Engine to draw slopes properly and have Sonic collide with them (IE - stand on them, period). I've seen an old image of AJ's where he used hardware mode to stretch a few polygons over a hill to make a slope, but I doubt that could be done in software, and Sonic couldn't collide with the impromptu slope, either.

As I recall, the image was titled "The only time you'll see slopes in SRB2."

That's why we need a math professor from MIT or something. He could get the legacy engine to render slopes properly for us!

I want to see that picture. :P I will see if I can possibly find someone that is good enough with math to implant slopes in Srb2. :wink:

Geek.gif

*bangs head against wall*

hotdog003 said:
That's why we need a math professor from MIT or something. He could get the legacy engine to render slopes properly for us!

Those who can't, teach. A math professor would have no idea where to begin.

ZDoom author actually had to rewrite the entire software engine to get slopes to work, from what I understand.

So I have been looking at this linear algebra stuff. Its basicly the graph stuff you use on a graphing calculator. So if we could get a expert in this area we might be able to implant slopes right? But then we have to have a trillion sprites for loops and all that. It would take way too long for that many sprites to be drawed. So the only solution would be 3D model support in some form. I know future versions of Doom Legacy will have MD2 support but there could be a way to some how implant the that into Srb2. Well, maybe. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back