What video games would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case in point: Modern Warfare 2.

I don't suppose anyone has shown any interest in Okami? It's a brilliant game for PS2 and Wii. Fantastic gameplay, visuals and design.

I recommend this too. A bit short and not what I expected but it's a blast to play. I heard the PS2 version sucks compared to the Wii however.

I recommend this too. A bit short and not what I expected but it's a blast to play. I heard the PS2 version sucks compared to the Wii however.
I've heard the exact opposite, most of it dealing with the Wii Pointer controls. (Hard to draw, easy to do a drawing fast and beat a boss) In the end, a lot of it comes to preference.

Last edited:
Well, personally I was turned off by how all your attacks were mapped to the somewhat imprecise and ever-annoying waggle instead of a button. Or how difficult it was to get it to register a "slice" command...

Well, personally I was turned off by how all your attacks were mapped to the somewhat imprecise and ever-annoying waggle instead of a button. Or how difficult it was to get it to register a "slice" command...

Well everything related to the point and motion controls is difficult at first, but after a while it becomes second nature.

Though whether or not you're annoyed by it varies.

I'm sure it all comes down to how well you can draw with a Wiimote. So it's fair for some, and frustrating for others.

I'm obviously about to recommend...

Unreal Tournament (1999 GOTY Edition) - PC
This is a great FPS with a lot of variety gameplay-wise.

Meh, I'm too lazy to write more about it.

So, I played through Half-Life 1 this month. Liked it more than Half-Life 2. You think that's crazy, I've been playing through Opposing Force and liking that even more.

I told you dog, I told you about Opposing Force!

(Was it you whom I told that OF kicked total ass? Because if I didn't I must smack myself in the forehead for not doing so)

So, I played through Half-Life 1 this month. Liked it more than Half-Life 2. You think that's crazy
Not really. I think I always kinda preferred the more "homely" feel of Black Mesa's offices, or the awesome desert vistas you get above ground. HL2's still great, though.

I'm not sure, but Pokemon games never get old and the concept of catching all 493 of the creatures stays fun forever. Pokemon games are just simply addicting.

Anyone with a 360 should really pick up Alan Wake. It's pretty fantastic all around, especially with the story's pacing; it always feels like it's going just at the right speed, never too fast, never too slow. You can also pick up its DLC, one of which, if you buy it new, comes with the game (I found it new for $30 at Gamestop). The other is 560 Microsoft Points I think, I'm not too sure. Anyways, the game is fantastic, get it as soon as possible.

if your an anime fan
xbox: your best bet would be soul calibur since you can make yaour own characters and there are a few anime characters already in it
ds) probably kingdom hearts 358/2
psp: bleach heat the soul series most likley OR kingdom hearts bbs
gamecube: again probably soul calibur....
wii: bleach shattered blades.... vs crusades... not sure of any others

if your a sonic fan..
all of em except the new ones (WHAT THE HECK WRONG WITH THEM?? A SWORD?)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Incredibly expansive with clever writing and an interesting story, not to mention the multiplayer being one of the most fun I've played. And the gigantic city of Rome to explore (sandbox-style, I may add) keeps me exploring and trying to find all the secrets. Of course, the story missions are the biggest part, and you can't just randomly pick a citizen off the street and kill them (more than 3 times, anyway), so don't expect a GTA ripoff, especially since this game is far more fun and interesting anyway.

<insert obligitory point to Minecraft here>

But yeah, digging through my PS2, PS3, and Wii libraries (And other games I've played), here's my top suggestions.

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (XBOX ONLY, DISREGARD THE GBA VERSION!)
I absolutely loved this game as a child, and when I finally got my hands on it once more, every minute was as nostalgic as it was fun. The controls were great, and the humor was nice too. As most likely being the only XBOX reccomendation on this list, it would be a great item to add to your library (It's also 360 compatible!).

Ratchet & Clank Series (PS2/PS3)
Sorry, this is only for the console games, folks. No PSP games here!

Well, this is one of the greatest series in the time I played my PS2. The gameplay was definetly inventive, with the whole upgrading and adding mods to weapons thing. But if you ask me, I'd have to say that Ratchet: Deadlocked is the best (I haven't played the PS3 games :x). The leveling system in Deadlocked is fun, and it's multiplayer is great as well.

God of War series (PS2/PS3)
Sorry, this is only for the console games, folks. No PSP games here!

This is pretty much the greatest hack & slash puzzle platformer that I've seen. The controls are smooth, the action is paced, and the weapons you get always bring something new to the game (Exception: God of War 3. The magic is nice, though.). The story is rather straightforward, but it has some nice bits. The violence is over-the-top, bringing games like MadWorld (Not saying it's bad, I haven't played it) to shame. God of War 3 steps up the brutality, with first-person scenes and probably some of the best graphics on the PS3. Note: Might not be a good suggestion to some of the younger people here, due to some nudity (Rated M for a reason, bro).

Assassin's Creed (PS3/360/PC)
Being that I've played through most of the series (Halfway through Brotherhood :D), I can say without a doubt that this is one of the greatest sandbox games ever. The freerunning concept (Also called Parkour), is definetly something new to the genre, and it got it perfectly. The story is amazing in these games (Even moreso in the latter two from what I've played), and this is an overall awesome series.

I would seriously recommend Chrono Trigger and The World Ends With You for the DS as well as Final Fantasy XII for the ps2. They are very good rpgs that don't stick to the clichéd mold that most JRPGs follow. (Not that I don't like that mold or anything like that, Its just good to see a change every once in a while.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back