I lost a family member today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaofanatic

At about 7:00 this morning my grandfather died... He was 97 years old and in great health but he died... I'm just devastated by this... Please help me here...

Try to think about something else. It will help keep your mind off of him. It always helps me get over a loss. He shall be missed.

Well, all four of my grandparents are deceased. Instead of moping around, I just think positively and accept the way life is. It may be harder for you, as I never connected to them much.

I don't know if my advice would be good or not, but completely involve yourself into something constructive that will help to take your mind off of him. It could be vigorous studying, drawing, exercise, whatever.

That said, I really am sorry for your loss. Sounds like you two were close.

Everyone dies, that's just how life is, rather than been sad that they died, be happy, because they've lived a good life.

At about 7:00 this morning my grandfather died... He was 97 years old and in great health but he died... I'm just devastated by this... Please help me here...

You have my prayers and my sympathies. I don't know how close he was to you, but I'm sure that he has played a part in your life and he is a part of who you are. Besides what prayers and memories we can offer and treasure, you can allow the fruits of his service to you make you a stronger person so that you may honor the impact he has made in your life. (no matter how great or small it may seem)

It may seem very hard to believe at times, and if he was very close to you, almost unbearable. However, in similar experiences, I've found that these things mend on their own and that rather than seek a way to distract yourself from the pain, cherish your memories and find support in your faith, your family, and your friends.

My best wishes to you and your family, I hope that your grandfather's soul rests in peace and that his presence in your lives will lead you to warmth rather than sorrow.

I don't think I can offer anything significant since everyone else seems to have covered it pretty nicely, but yeah, I am really sorry about your grandfather's death. I haven't had a family member pass away in a long time, but I've had quite a few people go away for extended periods of time (this is one of the only things that make me truly sad) and what I like to do is cherish and remind myself of the fond memories I shared with the person in question, and look to a bright future where I can see them soon.

I hope you can find your own way of making it less painful. Trust me, you will. At first, it may seem difficult for you to bear, but it gets easier and eventually, like JEV3 said, you will stop feeling sad and start feeling warm inside. =)

Again, my deepest condolences to you and your family.

My grandfather died when I was about 9 years old. It was pretty tough to cope with because we were very close all the way up to that point. I was extremely distraught, but one thing that brought me up was knowing that he'd lived a wonderful, full life, jam-packed with wonderful deeds, a brilliant mind, and tons of uplifting life experiences. It was just his time to go, and I fully accepted that.

I know things will hurt at first, but stay strong and remember what made him such a great person worth grieving over his loss. That's the real key to moving on in my experience.

Hope you're okay.

My granddad died just as I turned 3. My advice to you is:

1. Think about the things he's done. That will give you some good thought.
2. Walk it off. Run around, exercise, just do something to get it out of your head.
3.Keep him close by. Keep a picture or some writing about him nearbye.

Sorry about your Grandfather.

Actually, I think thinking about him does more damage then good. If you try to get another event and think about that, you could forget about your grandfather...

Don´t start an idiotic argument about this:
I think this topic is rather worsening the feeling you have. I never give major importance to things, including deaths, I do apologise but I simply can´t be all charmy of someone I don´t even know. Sheering up and continuing to live is all we humans can do.

I've lost two grandparents; one to pneumonia, and one to cancer. It was hard for me too. My great-grandmother is still alive, though--she's a hundred years old, and her mental health is deteriorating rapidly.

I know what it is like to lose someone you love. My great aunt died back in 1999. I was sad because she was very nice to me and my sister. Oddly enough, I saw more people at her funeral than any other member of my family that died. I have to stop typing now I'm going to cry.

I am so sorry about your grandfather's death. Just this year my grandmother died. She survived a lot of heart attacks. I got over it though, knowing that she's in a better place.

sorry guy but your lucky you knew your grandfather.i dont even know mine
he died way before i was borned

Last edited:
sorry guy but your lucky you knew your grandfather.i dont even know mine
he died way before i was borned

Same with me. One of my granddads died long before I was born too, and the other died the day after my younger brother was born, when I was 2.

Not only that, one of my grandmothers happens to have died the day before Halloween this year, and the other one can't even remember our family anymore - not even her own son, my dad...

There's no way I'll get to know my grandparents now... =(

everybody dies. I mean imagine how the world would be if hitler lived forever. Your grandpa lived lifetime. My grandpa died when I was 3. I never really met him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back