cool mod, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what im saying,t thats why i'll never put it on srb2.org addons.
On my webpage I have a special thanks thing though.

Why on earth do you have a password on the thing? And just so you know, I downloaded it, and the password is wrong. It's rl, not RL. Case-sensitivity, you know.

Whether it's on the addons page or not is irrelevant. You really should ask for permission before using someone else's work.

Mixed about this....

These are screens of the mod....
srb20002.png

srb21006.png

srb20012.png

srb20005.png

I'm not exactly sure of what to say here. What logan has done is tooken all of our levels and put them in a pack. He's made a batch file to run them with a theme he has made. Yes the enemies he mad were 5 second MS paint works, but something tells me this user is younger than we might think..... and if he is as young as I can guess he has done something that at that age I only could dream about. He's made altered textures, enemies, switch some music around, and did some alterations to the game itself.. I'm not sure what to say at all. But maybe the screens may help.
On this note, I would like say that once you get to zone 2 act 2 the coding seems to be damage you'll be able to play but you won't beable to climb, get rings, get hit by enemeies, use springs, or anything else that envolves reacting with objects that are not Linedefs.. It should be simple to fix since it's all related to one problem.

Thank you very much for using my time bonus and ring bonus graphics without my permission.

*DIES*

You are welcome to use my two levels, Metal_mushroom and SoulCalbur zone, if they are of any use.

Soul Calbur zone is only done for match, though.

It could be, but just as likely not. Consider this: People hack Sonic 2 with modified palettes and changed zone names, passing it off as original work. This is not unlike what has happened here.

I'm conflicted here.

On one hand, I think it's wrong to steal others' works without their permission. Even if he does have permission (which I doubt), not crediting the person for the original work is equally as bad.

On the other hand, he didn't steal any of my maps. That dealt my ego a pretty blow :(.

For people who have actually got this monstrosity (Apparently, looks like it), can you upload it? I want to see if he has any of my maps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back