Status
Not open for further replies.
The show or the movie? The show was one of my favourites. Though it took it hella long until only a "season" of 10 episodes were transleted to my country, so this took about 3~4 years to get to the final episode, 62 IIRC. Derp.
Edit: Isn't there already a thread about this...? Or was it about Nickelodeon in general...?

The show... movie stunk!

Yes there was a topic about Avatar: The Last Airbender
Now it's Avatar: Legend of Korra

Considering I have Nicktoons, seeing Avatar everyday can get boring, especially when your waiting to see The Daily Show. Even twice as boring when they repeat Book 2-3 more times than 1. Then again, Nicktoons forgot how to make a good line up so...

But yeah We all heard of Korra coming out soon. Interested, but not expecting much...

What do you wish to see in the new series?
I'm hoping for either
1) A 5th element
and/or
2) a great battle between the benders and the people using more modern machinery

1) A 5th element

You lost me when you said 5th element ((Oh, uh no pun intended either...))

The fact that during the series there was a small introduction to bending branches within the 4 elements, I would prefer to see those branches expressed more than just introducing a new element. Just my opinion...

((By "branch" I mean other side areas regarding one particular element expanding to an entirely different and unique style of bending which still holds a connection with that element. At least, thats what I like to classify it as...))

The fact that during the series there was a small introduction to bending branches within the 4 elements, I would prefer to see those branches expressed more than just introducing a new element. Just my opinion...

((By "branch" I mean other side areas regarding one particular element expanding to an entirely different and unique style of bending which still holds a connection with that element. At least, thats what I like to classify it as...))
To further clarify:

• Waterbending subdivides to Bloodbending, on full moons with gifted Benders
  • Earthbending subdivides to Metalbending, thanks to Toph inventing it.
  • Firebending subdivides to Lightningbending.
  • I'm not sure, but I think Sandbending is a blurring of Earthbending and Airbending.
And I'm fairly certain Energybending/Soulbending can count as a 5th Elemental Bending Art if it wants.

Last edited:
Energybending
ABraker95 said:
light bending perhaps? Become invisible, make stuff similar to mirages, and stuff

Both of those sound like something that can connect itself with Fire bending since both are the exertion/sources of energy itself. Soulbending however makes sense, but classifying it as "element" leaves a bad taste in my mouth as it seems more appropriate as a taboo art practice by a cult who would abuse the spiritual balance for their own gain. That, and it seems like something the Avatar would make up if you think about it...

Oh and Chaos, you forgot about the bending of plants for water. Shame on thee >:(

Water bending -- water
Air bending -- gases
Earth bending -- solids
fire bending -- plasma
energy bending -- energy

don't see why it doesn't fit in besides the point of that all the elements are based on the old conception of the elements; water, earth, fire, air

Well unless your referring to the use of Chi then Energy bending makes sense. Though as an element, I just can't see it. As a new art yes, but not an element.

Well Avatar: Legend Of Korra came out, and it is probably everything I hoped for.

Originally Posted by TrueTenguMan
Well unless your referring to the use of Chi then Energy bending makes sense. Though as an element, I just can't see it. As a new art yes, but not an element.

Amon uses exacly the same technique as described above, not to mention that he uses Chi blockers as his forces.

Besides the developement of Energy bending in the new series, I really admire the Steampunk theme. I can say this is getting better than the original, Avatar: The Legend of Aang, with exception of a couple episodes.

What do you guys think about since it came out?

I havn't seen the new series yet, but Avatar: The last airbender was one of my favorite shows. I've gotta get watching that!

Might want to update that first post and get the discussion going in there, then. It's about time we get around to discussing Korra, we're already halfway into the first season!

And be sure to eliminate the "The Last Airbender" segment: Avatar fans go apeshit because it makes it sound like it's a tie-in to the incredibly sub-par Shayamalan film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back