What songs aren't in 2.0 that were in previous versions of SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

I'm creating an SRB2 playlist and trying to be as complete as possible. >_>

I already know Zim's Base and the Christmas songs aren't there. (note: I'm getting the xmas songs from 1.09.4, so if there are some in previous versions that aren't in 1.09.4, let me know) Are there any I'm missing?

Last edited:
The old MFZ music, Woodland Panic, Old RMZ and RVZ... funny thing is, DZ and DCZ music stayed the same trough ALL versions of SRB2 since they were introduced.

The old MFZ music, [...] Old RMZ and RVZ...
Oh, I forgot to mention that I don't really care about old versions of updated songs. Sorry.
Woodland Panic,
Thanks, I needed that
funny thing is, DZ and DCZ music stayed the same trough ALL versions of SRB2 since they were introduced.
Heh, on the other hand there are a bunch of different versions of those songs before they were in SRB2 itself.

And the poor old Christmas music ;-;

Good thing music wads arn't counted towards the cheat protection, right?

The old Arid Canyon 1 music isn't in 2.0 for some reason, only act 2 is. But that's in 1.09.4 as well.

Some updated songs are really different! Rocky Mountain 1 in 1.0 sounds very different from the one currently in the game, and so does the old Midnight Freeze music.

In the pre-1.0 versions, there's a lot of MIDIs which never got a chance to grow up and be an OGG... Stuff like Red Volcano 2, Mine Maze 2, and the old versions of Deep Sea and Egg Rock.

Other than that there's not much... Most removed songs were taken from somewhere else, and went away once their use was cut from the game. Metal Harbor music for Adventure Example, Battle Montage for Zim's Base, and the old Super Sonic theme which was from the first level of Viewtiful Joe.

I might be missing some, though, as I personally can't be arsed to go raid the old version locker right now. Maybe later. Definately later.

No, the old ACZ1 is tunes 88
No it isn't! Go listen to it again -- all the way until the end.

You have a point with #89, but #88 is labeled as "Arid Canyon Zone Act 2" and #89 as "Arid Canyon Zone Act 2 Beta". Given that I was in no way involved with the conception of the songs, I have no idea what came first, but it sounds like that #88 was being reworked to sound different from the original song, eventually reaching #89 before being canned altogether in favor of the new piece.

Regardless, the tune in 1.09.4 is different. I should know -- my map was the only thing that used it!

CEZ1 and CEZ2 both got new music in either 1.08 or 1.09. You can find the old music in 1.04. It sounds mostly the same, but the old music sounds more MIDI-y.

Neo mentioned the Viewtiful Joe Super Sonic music, but he left out the Superman Super Sonic music. You can find it in any version before 1.08.

The 1.08 Verdant Forest music is also missing. Weirdly enough, the 1.08 Aerial Garden music was included in 2.0 (Tune 98, I think).

Old ACZ is still in 2.0, but it's simply been "finished". 1.09.4's ACZ tune was unfinished, but was included anyways. I'm told that the current ACZ2 music (Tune 14) is also unfinished, so it'll probably end up changing in 2.1 or later.

Pre-Final Demo demos had different music for each special stage. They don't exist in OGG form, since all the music back then was MIDI.

the old ACZ1 is tunes 88

Almost.

I noticed old ACZ1 is slightly different from tunes 88. Listen to TUNES 14 (v1.09.4) and TUNES 88 (v2.0.x), there's a moment (after 0'45") that TUNES 88 plays "a tad" awkward. Frankly, I prefer v1.09.4's version, it's more harmonic, stable and less "colorful" than current version.

Last edited:
I think you need to use headphones to listen to them. When I use good headphones I can hear with more accuracy, specially "background" chords. Another thing: TUNES 88 is 5 seconds longer.

If Kaysakado interests, I have a complete list of tunes for 1.09.4: Download.

Last edited:
The old Hydro Plant Zone music (AKA the new Silver Cascade Zone music).

Personally, I think the old 1.09 version was fine... It was even one of my favourite SRB2 tunes at one point. The newly added drums and different intruments in the 2.0 version sort of ruined it.

I think we should've kept the old midnight freeze music in as well. The new one isn't that great.

Better yet, keep both versions. People like the new version!

Okay so I'm mainly speaking for myself here.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I don't really care about old versions of updated songs. Sorry.
Thanks, I needed that
Heh, on the other hand there are a bunch of different versions of those songs before they were in SRB2 itself.
You may not, but I do. The older music will help with SRB2TP. Although some of it will only be available in the SRB2 Museum due to unuse in where they came from.

Last edited:
Really? I don't notice any difference between 1.09.4 tunes 14 and 2.0 88.
If it's the tune I think it is, it has some different notes at one point.

Oh, Ezer.Arch already answered it. And yes, the old one seems more logical harmonically.

Last edited:
Am Oh yeah. About the awesome christmas music... Where did it come from? I heard the music that plays in I think GFZ2 in some clothing store and freaked out so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back