Sylveon - With new sprites.

I hope you're all ready to smash your movement keys for charging a peel-out!
OpenGlumFoxterrier.gif

(Dummy HUD + input.lua so you can see what's going on.)
Also I know I should add more levels; level 4 is about 1.5x Sonic's speed, which is too much compared to the time it takes to charge it (0.5 sec)

I tried.

I'm trying to improve the "overall quality of sprites" so I made the colors stronger, and used green instead of pink and done antialiasing in general.

I know right, the brighter shades are kind bright compared to what they intended to be, but the game couldn't stop bitching with that, and some colors, that were different, were rendered the same by the game for some reasons.

In-game rendering:

Did I suceed? (I would really appreciate feedback, and you to just say 'no" if that doesn't work (with of course the reason) so I'm not wasting my time into something that is gonna get scrapped.

If that works, you can of course except a delay for the 2.1 (and this time last until SRB22.2) release.

Last edited:
The sprite itself feels way too outlined, especially for such a tiny design. The white shading contrast is way too strong, mostly due to there no being a proper in-between color for the brightening and shading on the white part of the color scheme.

The outlining on the ear makes no sense... as in, why is the brightening on top pixels, yet the pixels that are closer to the brightening of the ears looking darker? It should be the other way around. Also, the smile itself just feels off being a smirk like that. You could make a smile that is more symmetrical, alike to how the official Sylveon design has it (kind of like a c: ).

Also, this is just an idea, but given the sprite style of the game, there is no problem if you try making his head a little bigger, if not just making him a little bigger in general.

Oh thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou,
I've been waiting for quite a while criticism about the sprites, and well, better a bit late than letting me do misstakes.
I'm suprised this isn't 300 lines, well, it's good that I finally start getting better at that.

^Here's what I turned him into.^
This looks like I changed almost nothing, but...

I toned down the white shading, and the outline in general, as you've stated, I can still do it more if needed, but I think this is okay.
I didn't quite get what you said about the ear's outline, so I've done what I understood (and probably not what you excepted); I made the outline lighter where the ears' brighter shades are. (Blame me for being French.)
I changed the smile too, but I'm not quite sure this is good, as I kinda suck with "color-play"

...And while I was at it I fixed the hind ribbon that fucked up as I forgot to bring it up again.

As for the size, well I've done it with my 3DS in hand so I tried to respect the limb proportion (even tough I still hilarously failed to do it 100% right., the head is still a tad bit bigger than the body, which I think is fine.)
So I don't really know if this has to be changed. I have to give it a shot, for sure, tough.

r7Ijcbk.png

So I tried fixing some things here and there. Namely, adding another color to smooth out the body shading, making the eyes look less like beads (Which they really do, though I'm not sure if this is any better), and giving the ears softer shading too.
Also. What's with the sadistic smile :I

r7Ijcbk.png

So I tried fixing some things here and there. Namely, adding another color to smooth out the body shading, making the eyes look less like beads (Which they really do, though I'm not sure if this is any better), and giving the ears softer shading too.
Also. What's with the sadistic smile :I

Thanks <3
I doubt I can do it better by myself anyway, and those eyes are far better than the old ones IMO. Before I continue, is there anything else wrong with the sprite itself? (Aside of the ribbons edges, I'm gonna change those because they look ugly compared to the rest of the colors now.)

Thanks <3
I doubt I can do it better by myself anyway, and those eyes are far better than the old ones IMO. Before I continue, is there anything else wrong with the sprite itself? (Aside of the ribbons edges, I'm gonna change those because they look ugly compared to the rest of the colors now.)

I guess the lines on the ankles are a bit hard for not being on the border of the sprite, other than that it's pretty much fine/ I'm no art critic and I see nothing wrong with it.

BreakableWeepyKawala.gif

Okay the pink eyes are maybe a little too bright.
This also comes with the old shiny sound effect, and the sparkles only appear for the transformation animation.
No one will notice I fixed the swapped ribbon colors in the Super frames, like NO ONE!

Red pls fix your script.

At least, I didn't get a Game Over =3

I personally find it a bit funny that the shiny variation is seen as a super form in here, and the sparkles are a nice touch. I'm personally looking forward to the sprite update you give him (here hoping you give him a more appropriate and dynamic pose for jumping).

I'm personally looking forward to the sprite update you give him (here hoping you give him a more appropriate and dynamic pose for jumping).

Is this one any better? (Well it can only be better compared to the original, I guess)

I tried to make the jump animation smoother.
(The animation is pretty much WIP, I only have this one done)

JitteryLittleDobermanpinscher.gif

Also just asking, but should Super Sylveon fly or walk and run like it did in the first version?

Y'all take dat, 2.2!

ConcreteHotLamb.gif

(Okay, it's literally nothing compared to MotorRoach's spindash dust.)

I have RedEnchilada to thank for that spin dash dust effect! But then again, the on you made seems very fitting for Sylveon, so good job there.

As for the jumping, it looks nicer, but I was hoping for something more tilted upwards in general. You know, kind of like cats do when jumping.

Does this one do it?

ActiveFineAtlanticsharpnosepuffer.gif

Anyway, as I thought it would be weird to have this new animation for a jump at slow speed, this animation only plays if you are at least at the running speed.
Also I'm starting to run out of frames, I'm already using everything till lowercase z lel
I don't have any other frame done for it for the momment, due to the lack of time.

You might prefer this one then.

(I feel like I messed up something with the front legs, not sure tough.)

You're not wrong, because you did mess up the front legs. The arms just feel very thick and the shading on it could be a little more anti aliased, and the same goes to anti aliasing the body a bit, under the flesh bow... and the flesh bow itself.

Looking at it, a lot of that angle lacks a lot anti alias and some depth. The rear leg, the side of the head, and the chest could certainly use some shading.

...At least I didn't get a game over.

legit 2.2 leak. Version: rNull.

I don't know why, but I think I did something wrong (again) with the drowning frame, I couldn't get my hands on it however.

EDIT: Almost forgot!
AgonizingFamousAnkolewatusi.gif

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back