SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing > Editing Help

Old 06-05-2017   #1
STHE123O
Little Monster

Default Colormap not affecting water surface

So, I want to make the water green on the inside and outside. I used linedef 606 with the color #008060. It is green on the inside but not on the surface, any ideas why? I used colormap in the past and never had this issue...

servidor de alojamiento
STHE123O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017   #2
TSDude
Lack of tea

I think you're missing the letter that you add at the end of a colour code that determines the intensity of the colourmap.
E.g. "#008060" should actually be "#008060*".

Where I've placed the asterisk is where a letter should be placed. e.g. #008060A or #008060B.
The further down the alphabet you go, the more the colourmap becomes visible in-game.

Also you only need to type in the colour code in the upper front texture unless you're going to add more settings to it.
Old 06-05-2017   #3
STHE123O
Little Monster

It still doesnt work, even with the letters. Its so weird. I tried copying the same control sector I used for colormap in one of my old levels but its still not working...
Old 06-05-2017   #4
TSDude
Lack of tea

Sorry I've misread your first post, a colourmap applied to a water fof should be visible inside and on the surface.
However if you're using a water fof that isn't very transparent and has blue water texture on it's surface (like BWATER01 or FWATER1) then it may make the colourmap that's inside the fof, less visible from the outside.

I've just tested it and it works for me.
Here's an example wad: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5jp8qo...ourmaptest.wad
Was this the effect you were looking for?
Old 06-05-2017   #5
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
I think you're missing the letter that you add at the end of a colour code that determines the intensity of the colourmap.
Actually, you don't need the alpha value technically! Mind you, it just defaults to being fully opaque (as in, what Z would give you) if you do that.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017   #6
TSDude
Lack of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Actually, you don't need the alpha value technically! Mind you, it just defaults to being fully opaque (as in, what Z would give you) if you do that.
Whoops, my mistake.
I thought you were supposed to put a "0" instead of an alpha value at the end if you wanted the default intensity.
Old 06-05-2017   #7
STHE123O
Little Monster

This is how it looks:

imagenes jpg
Old 06-05-2017   #8
TSDude
Lack of tea

Alright I think I understand what you're going for. I'm going to assume that you're using an opaque water FOF.

If you want to create the effect that I think you mean, then you could make another FOF atop of the the water one, this FOF will be given the linedef 200 (light block).

Set it's floor height to the celing height of the water FOF and set its ceiling height to any height that's above its floor height. Tag this FOF's control sector to the same colourmap linedef.

Now you should have the colourmap affecting the surface.
Like in this gif: https://gfycat.com/DigitalSaltyAmericanshorthair

Last edited by TSDude; 06-05-2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
TSDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017   #9
STHE123O
Little Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
Alright I think I understand what you're going for. I'm going to assume that you're using an opaque water FOF.

If you want to create the effect that I think you mean, then you could make another FOF atop of the the water one, this FOF will be given the linedef 200 (light block).

Set it's floor height to the celing height of the water FOF and set its ceiling height to any height that's above the its floor height. Tag this FOF's control sector to the same colourmap linedef.

Now you should have the colourmap affecting the surface.
Like in this gif: https://gfycat.com/DigitalSaltyAmericanshorthair
Ohhhh GREAT idea, it worked, thanks you :D