Sulphur Nimbus - A game by Oddwarg

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeStratos

RENEWAL
Does anyone remember Eggman Hates Furries? It's one of the better Sonic fan games that exists, and is usually called "SotC with Sonic."

Well, the creator of said game, Oddwarg, has been in on a project for several years now. What started out as a My Little Pony fan game soon began to falter due in part to time constraints, and now, a need to earn money now that there's no college to worry about. The skin has peeled to show a completely original project, and after several years, it's now up on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1933452375/sulphur-nimbus-hels-elixir

Sulphur Nimbus works as a scouting bird on a merchant ship. One day, the captain is pressed for time and decides to take a shortcut across dangerous waters. This route goes past the island known as Dronningsøy, a name surrounded by ominous rumors. However, they are on schedule and all seems well, so Sulphur decides to fly a little closer to check it out. Suddenly a storm appears, as if by magic, and prevents her from returning to the ship . . .

Here's some videos of progress in the development when it was still conceived as an MLP game.
Combat
Melinda
Rotor
Crane

As you can see, there's already a lot of progress on it... So then came the trailer for it as Sulphur Nimbus: Hel's Elixir.

As someone who can see that video games, as passionate as you can be, eventually need to be handled differently, I think this has the potential of being incredible, whether it's a fan game or otherwise. It's one man, making the music, the models, the gameplay, hell, even coding the engine on his own. And such games have seen huge success for how little there was. Look at Dust: An Elysian Tail. It's an excellent Metroidvania hack-n-slash RPG, and it was one guy and a few others to end up with an amazing game.

I'd like to see this guy get the support he deserves, especially from familiar communities who may have experienced his past games. If you ever played Eggman Hates Furries, or PataPony, or anything else of his, I strongly urge you to take a look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back