Permission for wads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Hello, good evening.
I create a topic there is very little time in "Editing Help". I'm terribly sorry to this another topic.

For one of my projects, I have to use the works (to wads such as SOCS or characters) created by others.
Now there's a character I can not use : the Metal Knux of corneliab.
I would like to ask his permission but I can not. I have the impressive that he himself has banned his account or something like that, because I can not send PM. See yourself.
http://mb.srb2.org/member.php?u=3457

I wish to know :
- IF I PUT HIM AS A CO-AUTHOR IN THE WAD (if I credite him) but if I ask not if I'm allowed in MP, am I allowed to use his wad ? As long as he is thanked on my wad.

Last edited:
He isn't banned, but he deactivated the PM function. In other words, he doesn't accept PMs, so you need to try and contact him in some other way.

And no, you must be able to supply proof that a user gave you permission if you want to use this work. Normally, I could check this myself by sending the user in question a PM, but I can PM corneliab either. So no, you can't use it.

You could however try to obtain the original 1.09.4 version and port it yourself. Then you'd only need permission from Senku Niola and Chaos Zero 64, both of you can send a PM to.

Yeah... that's the Metal Knux that I remade with the help of Senku, while corneliab simply ported it to 2.0. Even the first line of that post says "Chaos Zero 64's Metal Knuckles character wad, finally converted to 2.00.x."

You can use him, just remember to give credit where credit is due.

SpiritCrusher : - Ah, it is in a position for not receiving the messages, ok.
- Normally, if you ask to an author who has created a character who appears in one of my wad, he will say that I asked permission. I don't want steal the work of someone.
- Hmm ... below, Chaos Zero 64 allows me to use his wad (if I understand English well) ... but I can only have the version 1.09.4, it is that ? I can not get the version that works with 2.0.6 ?

CZ64 : I watch only the person who posted the character, usually, I just read the description, and after I test ....Well, I do not seen that other authors were involved, I'm really sorry.
Actually, it's true that the first line is "Chaos Zero 64's Metal Knuckles character wad finally converted to 2.00.x.." I do not know how I could not see ...
I've already asked permission for Metal Sonic, and it's a good thing you made Espio and Vector, I just need the Team Chaotix !
Do not worry, I always give credit.
He does more than I miss Tails Doll to get.

Thank you to SpiritCrusher for the reply about the permission, and thank you to CZ64 for your authorization !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back