Cannot open Port 5029. Are there any alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosaicMario

Possessed User Title
To make things clear:
We got a new router by our provider. We thought to use this new router as we thought it is better but this was a big mistake.
After setting up everything the Internet worked. Adjusted my static IP address to the new router, everything fine until now. But then I hit this problem:

I was re-opening ports to my PC including UDP port 5029. But then it said:
Invalid input! The following ports are reserved for internal purposes:
UDP: 67-68, 5002-5082

I made some research about that router and I found out that those ports are used for IP-telephony and cannot be changed on the standard firmware. And since SRB2 uses Port 5029 wich is within the ports 5002 and 5082 i cannot host any games on the master server. So i suggested to put the old router (wich is apparently way better on the software side) back and then use the port UDP 5029. I would have done this allready by my self if I had all the required data but I'm (sadly) not the main administrator so I'm stuck there. My older brother told me, he will change the router back as he also says that the older one was better. But since everyone else in this house uses the internet without those issues its hard to find a perfect time to do so. So I need a temporary solution, if it is possible of course.

ALIVE; With their lives on the line

Just open a different port and use that one to host? I swear I used 10800 instead since I already used that for the 2hu fighters.

First and foremost, you must have port 5029 UDP open.
that's the information given on the wiki page. I never had the thought to use a different port since the Wiki page tells me that but I'm going to try out.

Result:
Nope

4OAhTlC.png

NO CHOICE; Out here only the strong survive

Did you try restarting the router or whatever? I've always had to do that after setting a port to be forwarded before it actually took effect.

Regardless, you can still host a game with any port and have people connect to it. From what I gather it just wouldn't be listed on the master server.

Did you try restarting the router or whatever? I've always had to do that after setting a port to be forwarded before it actually took effect.

I never restarted any router after portforwarding. And it does work without restarting.

Regardless, you can still host a game with any port and have people connect to it. From what I gather it just wouldn't be listed on the master server.

Yes, I've got that allready but I would also like to list my server on the master server anyways. So it seems like there is no solution for that problem? But at least I can invite friends to play on my server.

Use the command line option -udpport <port number>.

Don't use anything above 9999, though, because apparently the Master Server only allocates a four digit string for the port number.

Also that's unbelievably stupid of your router to not allow that. Ports above 1024 are supposed to be free to use for whatever use the client wants. >>;

犬夜叉;771333 said:
Use the command line option -udpport <port number>.

Since I'm using the SRB2 launcher it shouldn't be a problem. I'll try that.

犬夜叉;771333 said:
Also that's unbelievably stupid of your router to not allow that.

Absolutely! That is just ridicolous since there can be other programms/games wich require ports, wich cannot be used due to this issue. But otherwise: we got this thing FOR FREE sooooo...

Result:
Yes, it works now! Thank you for your help and quick replies :).
FDE5Kyq.png
I think we can close that thread now.

Last edited:
That's only a matter of open port 5029 "TCP / UDP" in your router and firewall windows, then remember that you must restart the PC and the modem at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back