Srb2palm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know SRB2 has been ported to CE, but that is outdated. Could someone please either port or help me port SRB2 to Palm. The CPU is 416mhz on my LifeDrive. It can run Hexen, Doom 1 and Quake 1, so why not SRB2?!

1: The heck is CE?
2: You have NO IDEA how much more power this takes to run over Doom.

1. Has SDL been ported to Palm?
2. Has SDL_mixer been ported to Palm?
3. Has libpng and zlib been ported to Palm?
4. Does the Palm hardware have enough power to run SRB2?

I doubt it has the RAM to play SRB2 on its own, let alone alongside the palm OS.

Windows CE? Children's Edition? (Only making this assumption because there was a children's laptop in the Argos catalog running Windows CE.)

Compact Edition. I guess no one can do their own research anymore.

The recent Palm Pre has 256MB of RAM, which is more than enough to fit SRB2 with. The Lifedrive has 64MB however, and all I can think of is just resampling the sound effects down to save memory.

Last edited:
Compact Edition. I guess no one can do their own research anymore.

The recent Palm Pre has 256MB of RAM, which is more than enough to fit SRB2 with. The Lifedrive has 64MB however, and all I can think of is just resampling the sound effects down to save memory.

That runs webOS, which is based on Linux, not Palm OS like all the older Palms are.

"That runs webOS, which is based on Linux, not Palm OS like all the older Palms are." - Callum

HMMM.... I though it was based off Windows Mobile.

I have a Palm Zire 71 and it stores all programs and settings on it onto the RAM. There is no writable flash memory so with only 16MB of RAM I would run into space issues a lot. I'm guessing other Palm OS models run the same way.

Palm OS is completely Palm-made. No developer in their right mind would base a new operating system off of Windows or DOS, at all.

WRONG!: "This product includes technology owned by Microsoft Corporation and cannot be used or distributed without a license from Microsoft Licensing, GP." - LifeDrive Manual. Also explain how I got a file "chkdsk.txt" on my LifeDrive.

If you want SRB2 ported to classic Palm OS then you'll need to do it yourself. The operating system is highly limited and outdated so any decent programmer would know it's not worth it. Doom, Hexen, etc use a lot less RAM and CPU power then SRB2. The Lifedrive hardware came out in 2005 and has only 45.4 MB of user-accessible NV-RAM which is not nearly enough needed to run SRB2 decently. The controls would be very difficult as well as I've come to know with Doom on my Zire 71. Just give it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back