SRB2 Glitched out to the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouncey

When I was playing Torgo's SRB1 mod for SRB2 and I wanted to see what is was it like with Blazes SA SRB2 mod. (I love to combine wads) And the results wasn't pretty. (Worse then the orignal SRB1)

WHAT THE CHEESE.

Yes that is a mirror effect..... In OpenGL mode.

Here is a screenshot with a MD2.. Yes it really is a mirror effect in OpenGL. (THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED)

(You have to add SA_SRB2.wad first or it won't work)

If anyone has any other weird or glitchy SRB2 wad combinations post them if you want.

(Sorry about them being thumbals. I didn't want to strech the pages)

Bouncey said:
What I want to know is why this happened.

Just a theory, but maybe, just maybe, it's because you combined wads that change SRB2 to a significant degree?

You might be right but I think I know what it is.

*Goes to try SA_SRB2.WAD with another 2D wad*

Edit: Tried SA SBR2 with Palm Tree Panic. It worked fine. So it isn't 2D.

(I wonder if this is fixable)

Bouncey said:
(I wonder if this is fixable)
No, it isn't. It's not really even a bug. Like DW said, you added SA SRB2 mod, which replaces a lot of stuff that SRB2 uses, then you added the SRB1 mod, which USES the textures and things that the SA SRB2 mod replaced. Thus, when you go to the SRB1 mod's levels, things look awkward.

Elementary, really.

EDIT: My point stands, I just screwed up and got the order wrong on accident.

It seemed to work fine with most other wads. And if it replaced SRB1 mod's texture's then it would just have been the same mod with different textures. That is what it does with most other wads.

And what I really want to know is. How did SRB2's OpenGL mode caused a mirror effect. It isn't meant to do that. Ever other wad that has a mirror effect in software get's replaced with red wall in OpenGL mod but here it is still a mirror effect no mater what mode it is in.

(At least it is still playabe. Unlike combining it with SRB2 Star War's which just crash's)

Bouncey said:
And what I really want to know is. How did SRB2's OpenGL mode caused a mirror effect. It isn't meant to do that. Ever other wad that has a mirror effect in software get's replaced with red wall in OpenGL mod but here it is still a mirror effect no mater what mode it is in.
OpenGL can have HOM effects too. It's not that unusual.

(Granted, in that last picture the effect is intentional, but the rest...)

I got curious so I tried it on Software.

sasrb1softwaresn9.png

It is quite a shame it dosen't work. (Even though combing SA SRB2 with the SRB1 mod for SRB2 isn't the best idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back