Fixed P_NukeEnemies gives points for blowing up nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joosp

The journey no one knows but you
In specific areas, using P_NukeEnemies through an Armageddon Shield will net you points, even though these areas are completely free of enemies that are in range.

sy1E28d.gif
8Q6E1rA.gif
You can even check these spots for yourself and you should be given points for nuking there.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason I think it give you points because there are enemies in the vicinity. It's only a guess though.

You clearly killed nine enemies. I presume they're from the Knuckles secret area below where you set it off and from the other side of the grate you're looking at. The Armageddon Shield doesn't need line of sight to hit things.

and from the other side of the grate you're looking at.

I'm honestly not too sure about that...

d1KxWB1.gif

Enemies that were on the other side of the grate didn't seem to get caught in the blast. If the gif freezes just open it in a new tab.

Perhaps the function is doubling up on Egg Guards, counting it as a chain for both the shield and the enemy itself? There are a few of them in that area.

The DSZ2 one, though, I've got no clue on. Probably something is getting hit that shouldn't be.

Looked again and my script was all wrong, whoops. Figured out which enemies were being destroyed.

SDy6LlX.png

ezj2qAc.png

I know exactly what's happening here. The P_AproxDistance calls in P_NukeEnemies are causing an integer overflow. It's a simple fix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back