Common errors & issues with wads, and how to fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FOFOF's

GCFreak said:
Guitarplaya said:
I'm trying to make a floating block on water, but the water dissapears when I go underneath the FOF. Compare the Sonic colours:

[/quote]

Tag the sector with the FOF in it with the water.

For example:

The sector tag where the FOF appears is 3. Make a water linedef in the control sector of the water and tag it 3. It should work.[/quote]

Worked, thanks.

Hello, I'm new to making a CZharacter WAD, and I have 2 questions to ask... #1) Can I make sprites using MS paint, or do I need a special program,

#2) I ALWAYS get the Signal Handler)) : Segment Violation error when I ALWAYS follow the instructions on the Character WAD tutorial on the Wiki,

CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME ADVICE

Just about anything can cause a sigsev. You need to actually provide the wad to get help on that.

In response to the image editor question, anything that can save as a .bmp format can make an image that's compatible with SRB2. Luckily, MSPaint supports .bmp files.

matt9837 said:
I've got a big problem, I saved it as a .bmp, BUT, it still doesn't work!
Can you PLEASE help me?

You don't have to save it as a BMP. A PNG will work fine. But the game itself cannot interpret BMPs or PNGs. It only interprets Doom Graphics.

If you're using SLumpEd, are you aware that you must convert it to Doom GFX first? Are you aware of the several bugs SLumpEd has, that is, if you're using it?

Are the sprites (and only the sprites) sandwiched between two markers called S_START and S_END? If not, then they're not sprites.

matt9837 said:
a) I am using XWE, b) I have them sandwiched, c) Doom GFX, OK!

Well, upload your character WAD again to srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net; the Sendspace link expired. I'll have a look at it. And tell me when the game starts sigsegving.

matt9837 said:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fpofo5 here is the one that sigsev's, can you fix it? I can't

Ahh, I was wrong, sorry. The player sprites are in two other working ones, graphics, not sprites. So now S_START and S_END are not needed. Sorry about that.

Rename S_SKIN1 to S_SKIN. Push S_SKIN right above the first player graphic.

In the character description text, put the # sign on the next line. That may have caused problems, too.

Also, do not put offsets on the PICNAME.

It works, now. Uploading...please wait. Here it is: http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=26742b8db7bd48482b69ceb9f0ce6bf2

It looks really weird in-game.

Hi. There's something wrong that happened to my character WAD. Everytime I run it on SRB2 Launcher or on the console, it gives me this error:

"R_InitSprites: No patches found for PLAYA1 Frame L"

On Doom Wiki it says that the sprite is missing a lump/lumps for one of its frames. I already put PLAYA1. What's the problem? Please help. Thanks!

Taco_King said:
Hi. There's something wrong that happened to my character WAD. Everytime I run it on SRB2 Launcher or on the console, it gives me this error:

"R_InitSprites: No patches found for PLAYA1 Frame L"

On Doom Wiki it says that the sprite is missing a lump/lumps for one of its frames. I already put PLAYA1. What's the problem? Please help. Thanks!

Do you have PLAYL1, PLAYL2L8, PLAYL3L7, PLAYL4L6, and PLAYL5? If it's a single rotating, you need PLAYL0.

You need those frames whether or not you've put spindash off or not. They're still needed for jumping, unless you've put nospinjump on as well.

You need those frames whether or not they're actually used by the character ingame. You might as well make them blank sprites... I mean making them all Cyan.

Wait... now it's sigsegving everytime I click on Player Setup in a netgame or select his name(without choosing it, just seeing its info) in the Character Select screen. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back