Legend of the Dragon's Treasure DEMO (#2 is here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarroTsu

Over The Speed Limit
nnruyv.jpg

These things save the game and act like INN's.

nnrwol.jpg

Entrance to Elzire's Training Dungeon.

nnrzwo.jpg

A battle tutorial with Elzire.

nns0nn.jpg

A 'Floor' system.

nns120.jpg

A simple switch puzzle at the end of the tutorial.

nns1g7.jpg

An Original system in my game. 'Class changes' will allow you to make a completly different Character EVERY GAME! (Unless you change your character's class the same way in 2 games :P)

nns3m8.jpg

Wandering through a forest.

nns3zs.jpg

The 1st boss.

nns4cw.jpg

A farmilier place from the intro.

nns5yw.jpg

A dark cave.

And last but not least, the download itself. I cannot garantee how long it will take to download. If it takes a while, bare with it, Its a good demo.

Also, At the 'END OF DEMO' screen, you can listen too 4 kick-ass songs.
I hope you have fun!

DEMO 2 DOWNLOAD

Note: There might be a few Grammar and spelling errors here and there, but i think I got them all. A few of the enemies and events will change for the next demo and final version (Such as the very Crappy 'end of intro' screen where it shows the title... Please disregard that random animation thing.

Yes, It was made in RPG maker 2003. It is much better than most other rpg maker 2000/3 games. I suggest you try it, but its truely up to you.

Hey now, RPG Maker isn't that bad, it's just trying to find the time to learn everything and make an RPG.

Any good links to some good tutorials that I could use?

a few Grammer and spelling errors here and there

I already found one. :P Fix the indicated vowel please.

And by the way, I'm a game critic. If I find one stupid mistake or lame thing in your game, I'll force you to change it or else!! Mwa ha ha!

Uh dude, you didn't include the RPG Maker 2003 run-time.

And RPG Maker may be good, I never tried it out myself, but I've played one game made with it, it seemed to be pretty good. Only thing is that the media isn't packed into the .exe, so steal, steal, steal!

And I noticed you have songs from TV shows and even from Super Mario 64! Remove them or I'll impale you!! You'll never keep those songs with the game while I'm here!!

FoxBlitzz said:
Uh dude, you didn't include the RPG Maker 2003 run-time.

And RPG Maker may be good, I never tried it out myself, but I've played one game made with it, it seemed to be pretty good. Only thing is that the media isn't packed into the .exe, so steal, steal, steal!

And I noticed you have songs from TV shows and even from Super Mario 64! Remove them or I'll impale you!! You'll never keep those songs with the game while I'm here!!

1. If the run-time is missing, download a new one HERE (I remember something skrewing up while I was packing the game, but I didn't think anything important was missing...)

2. I didn't steal them off TV shows, I stole them off the internet!! :mrgreen: Um... yah. The two off Inuyasha are actually 'lengthened' versions of the ones off the show...

3. Not a single positive comment about the game? Oh no!

4. At what point in the game should i release demo2?

KingofFlames said:
Hey now, RPG Maker isn't that bad, it's just trying to find the time to learn everything and make an RPG.

Any good links to some good tutorials that I could use?

Try http://www.gamingw.net

Look around the 'tutorial' section or the forum.

(Sorry for the double post, didn't want to mix 2 unrelated things up in one topic :P)

RM2K3 = pwnage. End of story. I LOVE IT!

Oh, make sure that your character graphics match, and don't EVER use an Auto Start event unless it ends with a change in a switch or variable (Results may vary, depending on actions involved during the loop.)

Speaking of which, I am planning on recreating a favorite book of mine into an RPG, Dragon Rider. Chances are I'll never get to work on it =P

By the pictures I can tell the level designing is great. I also have RPG Maker 2003, but I only use it for music (if I feel like it).

I tried making a game with it, but I was relying too much with the Pokemon engine, mostly when you switched maps and you don't see any delay. RPGM03 had an annoying delay, so I erased my game.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
By the pictures I can tell the level designing is great.

It is ;). (Except for the trees in the intro... they kinda get criss-crossed in a wierd pattern.. its hard to notace though :P)

furyhunter600 said:
RM2K3 = pwnage. End of story. I LOVE IT!

Oh, make sure that your character graphics match, and don't EVER use an Auto Start event unless it ends with a change in a switch or variable (Results may vary, depending on actions involved during the loop.)

Speaking of which, I am planning on recreating a favorite book of mine into an RPG, Dragon Rider. Chances are I'll never get to work on it =P

1) Yes, RM2K3 IS pwnage. No questions asked. RM2K lacks a few commands that help pollish an rpg and RMXP is too complex. (Dont waste money for RMXP EVER!! just download the trial and a patch that disables the 'trial' part of it. You'll see how complex it is and spend alot more than 30 days trying to figure out what to do...)

2) I never EVER use auto start. It's just a problem waiting to happen. The only thing you ever want to use for 'automaticly triggered events' is a paralle process. (FYI i forget how to spell 'paralle'...)

3) All my character gfx match (Except two vidiogame star's that join the team as 'secret characters' in a later demo[/spoiler]) thanks to the wonderful program CHARAS. (The best rpg maker 2k/3 utility EVER!! too bad there isn't a more complex face/battle set one.)

4) Lemme guess, Eragon? :P Good luck with that, I suggest using rmxp for the different sprite sizes between Eragon and Saphena.

Anyway, For any future posts, please say weither you played it or not... It seems that a few of you are just looking at screenies.

Also, I realize now that MegaUpload Sucks like hell... next time I'll use a better uploading site... Til then, bare with the download time. :P

dun Dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!

*Raises hand*

...As soon as I'm done this one, I'll make a new one for you guys... go download CHARAS and create your characters... post images of the character sets...

http://charas-project.net/

Example of one of charas results(just made it for the example :P):

EXAMPLE

...be sure its saved as a png or it wont work... NEVER USE JPEG

KingofFlames said:
ZTaimat said:
Also, I realize now that MegaUpload Sucks like hell... next time I'll use a better uploading site... Til then, bare with the download time. :P
R-R-R-RAPIDSHARE!

Yes, yes, that was a sugestion on another forum.

hmm...

All in favor of me making an SRB2 RPG say 'AYE' and post a png image of your character set. :wink:

Actually, to hell with it, I'm making a new topic for SRB2 RPG!! (Yay)

1. If the run-time is missing, download a new one HERE (I remember something skrewing up while I was packing the game, but I didn't think anything important was missing...)

That doesn't work. Duh. That's an .exe file. A run-time is a separate file that allows the .exe to work. Seems you don't know how to distribute RM2K3 games properly yet. I played Fredryk Phantasy (sp?) once, which I believe is made with the same tool, and that works perfectly.

Or not. I can't remember exactly what version that game uses.

Since your the RPG MAKER person here, how do you put in a player start?(Yes I fail at trying to figure out how to put one in) :P

answers:

1) READ THE FREEKING HELP FILE!!

2) open event editing mode, right click on a tile and select 'set party starting position'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back