Official Level Design Contest: July/August Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_o Alright! I honestly didn't think I was gonna win cause I thought some of the other maps were better than mine. ^^; Well hey, that was a great contest all in all, I loved Tets' single player map, totally awesome. And a few of the Match maps are definate keepers. :) Great contest! Cheers!

Jawesome, I've still got it. But now I have to work out my next plan of attack. Can I create another full single player level in two months? Only time will tell.

How many contests have I sat out, now? 3? 4?

Screw it, I'm getting to work. If you catch me slacking, threaten me on IRC.

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next. I have bits and peices of ideas for a THZ themed level, but I don't think I have enough to actually make it work good. I have alot of ideas for levels but not many ideas of what to put in them. My choices right now are: Metal Fortress (mentioned above), Desert Canyon, Polar Mountain, Cosmic Wreckage, and Act 2 of Storm Ruins or Waterfall Valley.

I've also been thinking about making a Flame Rift themed Match level for a while, I might try to make it this time.

Just like most people here, I wanna turn all the levels into a mod. Making it for the contest is a great way to do mods from my point of view, since I have all the time in the world. Seeing all the levels, most of them seem like it can be made possible. I'm also not saying that I'll finish them anyway.

I really can't stress enough how much porting is a bad idea. How many ported stages actually did well? I think Block Fort is the only one that was even truly playable.

At least make sure to alter it where necessary to make it playable X_X

I've already finished two maps for the next contest so all I have to do is send them in really. :P

Mystic said:
I really can't stress enough how much porting is a bad idea. How many ported stages actually did well? I think Block Fort is the only one that was even truly playable.
I dunno, I was under the impression Dead Simple was playable, if I removed the armageddon sheild and worked a little more on item placement. It seemed to be getting scores fair to midland, at any rate.

We need a FAQ for item placement, BTW, since I'm finding it to be a major issue with my maps.

Shadow Hog said:
I dunno, I was under the impression Dead Simple was playable, if I removed the armageddon sheild and worked a little more on item placement. It seemed to be getting scores fair to midland, at any rate.

We need a FAQ for item placement, BTW, since I'm finding it to be a major issue with my maps.
There's this: http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopic.php?t=142

It's badly written, but it at least goes over the basics.

I personaly, even though this ended a while ago, think Aerial Factory was really cool! The fast passed action right away in the begining and always in danger really got me going and trying over and over to beat it. I'd give it a 7/10, there was way to many enimies that diden't move at all, and it was preety short, if you cut back on emines and focused on making it a top-speed awsome marathonish level, now THAT would be preety neat to see.

I also think Wed had really skinny pathways and needed work all around. 4.5/10

I wouldn't call this bumping, it's a pretty useful message, that and the topic is stickied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back