View Poll Results: Is this a cool wad?
Yes 1 11.11%
No 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007   #1
NeoxTheHedgehog

Default Neox the hedgehog

Should I release my character Neox the hedgehog?

Here are some screenies, im also looking for a team to help, and im gonna release a level pack for him.

If you help me set the default color red.

There im still working on the sprites so give me some slick :D
Old 06-05-2007   #2
StarBlazer
For the lulz

I'm going to say it before they get to you and you wont like what they have to say.

Nope.
I lol'd so hard xD
Old 06-05-2007   #3
Chrispy

Don't make a recolor, please.
Old 06-05-2007   #4
Pepe

Please, oh dear god, please.
We have enough recolors to put up with. Haven't the members of this realized the fact that out Characters Forum is filled with Sonics with little to no change from the actual Sonic? Geez, people, get some originality.
Old 06-05-2007   #5
Starbuck

No, you shouldn't release him in that state, and you shouldn't already be planning to make a full level pack, which adds up that you don't need a full team to help you with using ONE color to edit the original Sonic sprite.

Is there any "redeeming value" to this?
Old 06-05-2007   #6
Maou-Shin Daioka

It's official; recolors are the devilspawn of pure and utter evil.
"If I had a large amount of money, I would open a hospital for those that are severely wounded by phrases and words, yet remain uneffected by the injustices, violence and oppression that howls daily about our ears"
-Butchered quote of Stehen Fry
Old 06-05-2007   #7
Draykon
Part-Time Magical Girl

Contrary to what SMS and Nitro might suggest, a random recolor will never be deserving of a full mod.

Can we have a rule against posting topics in an effort to recruit teams now please?
Old 06-05-2007   #8
Sykotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draykon
Contrary to what SMS and Nitro might suggest, a random recolor will never be deserving of a full mod.

Can we have a rule against posting topics in an effort to recruit teams now please?
Seconding that motion!
Old 06-05-2007   #9
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Releases Section Rules
R2. Some types of WADs are extremely frowned upon, and will always get a negative reaction. It is not recommended to post any of the following:
  • Recolors, or edited versions of the official character sprites, are extremely disliked. Making fan characters or bad edits of official characters is almost always bad, and has a great lack of creativity. Don't make them, and if you do, don't release them. People just don't like them.
  • Sprite rips, where you simply take a sprite from another game, which generally doesn't look anything like the art in SRB2, and put it into an SRB2 character. While it's possible to make a good sprite rip into a character, it almost always looks awful. Don't do this unless you know exactly what you're doing.
  • Music WADs, or WAD files containing music lumps to change the soundtrack for SRB2, just aren't interesting. They're also potential copyright violations, so they are banned from the forums entirely. If you post one, it will simply be deleted.
  • Timer SOCs, or SOC files that only edit the time periods for certain things, like Invincibility or drowning, are pointless, and anyone can make them.
Should you decide to post one of the things above, remember that you will get a negative reaction, because nobody really likes to play them.
No Redeeming Value, Lock.
Closed Thread