SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 05-28-2007   #1
Nickrawls08

Default ctf1.wad

This is my first CTF map I'm trying to work up, which turns out really bad that the face I have to change the ring placement, and needs a whole lot of work.

Anyway, the beta link is right here.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5n9uw0

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Shoutbox!

http://srb2.chatango.com/
Nickrawls08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #2
SWP (SRB2)

Default Problems.

Okay I'm not the most experienced level maker here, but I do know what your problem is. The level isn't on the level select, in order to play it in srb2 without doom builder is to use something called extendable wad editor. You will find this on the wiki. Then you have to figure out how to make level headers on the wiki, copy what it tells you to copy, paste it onto a notepad document, add it into your levels xwe file within something called a MAINCFG that's the main configuration file, it allows you to do all sorts of stuff to your level, you can change it's name, the weather, and get it on the level select, just go to the level header section of the wiki to learn about what to do. Or I could just do it, just tell me what you want. I have debugged other levels, well one level.

Debugged Levels:

1: Tailzdudes "Water World"

So just tell me what you want to do, I'll even put some notes for future use, because I'm cool like that, anyway I'm here to help. Just be on the lookout for my beta demo coming soon...

Yeah, my fan character is a girl, what of it, PUNK!?
SWP (SRB2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #3
BlueZero4

SWP, have you even heard of the "MAP" command?

Also, no thok barrier, software lag, and I can't even see where I'm supposed to go.
Old 05-29-2007   #4
I'll Begin
💪🐑

And it doesn't correctly say in the filename what gametype it's for. For example "scr_acidmissile.wad" means that the wad contains Single Player, Co-op and Race. You'll want to put "f" at the start of yours.
I'll Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #5
Nickrawls08

Default Re: Problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP (SRB2)
Okay I'm not the most experienced level maker here, but I do know what your problem is. The level isn't on the level select, in order to play it in srb2 without doom builder is to use something called extendable wad editor. You will find this on the wiki. Then you have to figure out how to make level headers on the wiki, copy what it tells you to copy, paste it onto a notepad document, add it into your levels xwe file within something called a MAINCFG that's the main configuration file, it allows you to do all sorts of stuff to your level, you can change it's name, the weather, and get it on the level select, just go to the level header section of the wiki to learn about what to do. Or I could just do it, just tell me what you want. I have debugged other levels, well one level.

Debugged Levels:

1: Tailzdudes "Water World"

So just tell me what you want to do, I'll even put some notes for future use, because I'm cool like that, anyway I'm here to help. Just be on the lookout for my beta demo coming soon...
I know how to do Level Headers. I'm just not done with the map yet.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Shoutbox!

http://srb2.chatango.com/
Nickrawls08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #6
ST218

How about instead of posting every little change, you wait until you're finished like everyone else?
ST218 is offline   Reply With Quote