• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Django Urikashima - a WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I be a beta Tester :D I like to beta test and I'm a really good Crutiuqer. (however that's spelled XD)

Dunno. I only need a few testers to give me feedback as to how he handles, and I've already got at least 3 people.

However, if anyone is REALLY that interested, I guess I can pm a few people the unfinished wad for feedback purposes...

Oooh ooh, pick me! I'm a person who can give really good Feedback, and You will not regret making me a beta tester, I promise.

God awful character selection pic for Django:

djangopicqo9.png

I already know the shading is wacked, It's just a place holder for now until I can find the Palette SRB2 uses. (and when I can feel not-so-lazy enough to do the shading and highlighting for real)

And yes, I have the colored version without these fancy Effects. (Thank you photoshop...) so if anyone feels arsed enough, I can upload that too and you people can go nuts with it.

Django Urikashima said:
God awful character selection pic for Django:

djangopicqo9.png

I already know the shading is wacked, It's just a place holder for now until I can find the Palette SRB2 uses.

And yes, I have the colored version without these fancy Effects. (Thank you photoshop...) so if anyone feels arsed enough, I can upload that too and you people can go nuts with it.

God...Words cannot describe how F***ing awesome that looks, and I'm telling the truth...now, about beta testing...XD

Ah, thank you astar. I'll be able to fix my sprites with this...

Edit:
playa1copygs9.png

Going to take me a while to fix all the sprites, but it's a good start for now.

After doing a bit more testing on Django's ability, I found that if you're moving on a conveyor belt and do a spin dash when at the fastest possible speed, you'll end up leaving a trail of yellow springs. I doubt it'll be an issue, but I just wanted to get that out of the way before someone speaks of it.

I'm currently reworking the sprites palette to match that of SRB2, but you know, thank goodness I have photoshop, or this would actually become a problem to do so.

[spoiler:bc47004838]there is no spoiler[/spoiler:bc47004838]

I didn't know you had such skills Django. It looks nice. The animation is nice and just a question but how long did it take you to do one sprite?

Django Urikashima said:
Alas, there's no way I can record a demo of Django. I lack a webcam, so there's no way I can record a demo of his abilities, Sorry everyone.
Yes you can! Use Hypercam2. Its a screen recorder thingie.

Earuto said:
I didn't know you had such skills Django. It looks nice. The animation is nice and just a question but how long did it take you to do one sprite?

Thank ya. Truth be told, I've always just jumped into things going above the expected nub creations. Even my first sprites ever made were custom. As for the animation, Animating has always been something I could do by heart.

Hmm... to do one sprite, it takes me about 1-2 hours (more or less) to do the outline, color, and effects.

Luckily for me, I have photoshop, so most of my work's cut out for me. Plus, It takes less time when I'm able to reuse some of the sprites. (mainly the head and body)

H Y P E R said:
Django Urikashima said:
Alas, there's no way I can record a demo of Django. I lack a webcam, so there's no way I can record a demo of his abilities, Sorry everyone.
Yes you can! Use Hypercam2. Its a screen recorder thingie.

I tried to find it on my computer, but saw nothing of that name. (though I'm aware of what it's called)

Jellybones69 said:
Fraps is also a good option.

You don't need a webcam for it, and it's free.

http://www.fraps.com/

Hmm... alright, I'll look into this and see how it goes.

Edit:

-=Big edit time!=-

I took Jellybones69's advice and got that fraps program, and I now have a demo of Django's custom Super jump Ability.

Link to movie

Edit2: Made a new life icon. I think it's alright, but w/e
djangolifepicxi6.png

(bleh, double post) Working on jumping sprites for now.

playp1copyvz7.png

Afterwards, I will work on falling sprites, then the rest of the walking sprites.

so far, I'm getting closer to finishing the main sprites for a real Beta release. but not quite...

Also, I'll more than likely be reworking these sprites, for I need to keep tinkering with it in order to find a look that suits him in this pose.

Chrispy said:
The ears look wrong.

Django Urikashima said:
Also, I'll more than likely be reworking these sprites, for I need to keep tinkering with it in order to find a look that suits him in this pose.

Also, I'm aware of the laziness of the shading. But really, does that have to be the main focus at this point and time?

Yes, you should do all the details. the point of a character wad is for it to look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back