• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Django Urikashima - a WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
H Y P E R said:
Btw the sprites are out of the pallette.

Quite possibly. Like I said, I'm still new to character making, and I'm sure I have probably messed up in a lot of different places. However, in the tests that I have done, I achieve the desired results with the shirt changing color instead of his fur.

If I find the palette that suits SRB2 better, I will definitely change Django's palette, but for now, It's not giving me any problems.

FCThing.PNG

Fixed the pallette and a few other things.

Hmm... The palette fix is definitely something that helps me out. however, I'm not overly fond on the edit made...

Ah well, Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get to fixing it.

Django Urikashima said:
Hmm... The palette fix is definitely something that helps me out. however, I'm not overly fond on the edit made...

Ah well, Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get to fixing it.
Which edit? THe only things I edited were the pallete,
the eyes and the shading. Which of the edits don't you like?
I can change it for you.

H Y P E R said:
Which edit? THe only things I edited were the pallete,
the eyes and the shading. Which of the edits don't you like?
I can change it for you.

It was mainly the eye edit. I wasn't even aware you had edited the shading. (I noticed the highlights, but eh...) As for the Palette change, I took notice of that.

Also, I'm fine with how my character looks visually, I just want to be sure that the color I chose for him works with SRB2's Palette scheme. (It's not my main concern now, but definitely will be a long term issue)

The shoes look odd moving like that on the side frame. I think it's either too big or more of the foot needs to move.

Jellybones69 said:
The shoes look odd moving like that on the side frame. I think it's either too big or more of the foot needs to move.

Hmm... I guess. I'm actually not sure if it's an issue, but I'll keep it in mind.
-----------------------

Edit: One direction done, only 4 left to go
djangowalklj6.gif

Alright, so I've been messing around with the SOCing process, and I think I found the ability for Django I've been looking for.

Though it's not perfect, it has shown it's use for what it's worth.

His jumping ability is to Swim, while his Spindashing power is actually a type of super jump.

His super jump can only be used when Django goes into the spindash pose while standing, or is moving at a good speed to use it.

However, this doesn't mean he forfeits his spin dash, though. With a tap of the spindash button, Django can hit a decent speed to slide through breakable walls. He can also slide if he hasn't obtained a fast enough speed for his (running) super jump.

The actual height of his super jump is roughly 2x his regular jump. It's not meant to be used as a way to get to better heights (though it is possible), but more for the use of making wider leaps he otherwise couldn't. (Exa: a chasm Sonic would be able to make by thoking)

I actually just wanted to increase Django's jumping height to mimic that of the 0.4 gravity command, but jumping height seems to be fixed at the '100' variable, so That's out...

Edit: I have done a test run through a few levels, and Django is playable in all the wads I have tested. However, when played in levels that have an auto-spindash area that forcibly makes the player spindash across areas (tested in The Emerald Isles), Django would use his super jump ability involuntarily. I'm sure that if a forward roll was performed on a conveyor belt pushing him towards where he was going, he'd use his skill there as well. I doubt it's an issue, but if it becomes one, I will likely remove it.

I use unfreez. It's very simple, I just wish you could preview the animation before you save it.

I want to see his abilities in action, they sound interesting.

djangoswim1gg1.gif

Sprite sequence Django will be using for when he swims.

Kind of a hit/miss thing, but they're just to remove the supersonic sprite place holders.

Edit: Alas, there's no way I can record a demo of Django. I lack a webcam, so there's no way I can record a demo of his abilities, Sorry everyone.

You shouldn't make him swim, because characters
with the swim ability can continute swimming when
they swim out of the water.I'd suggest
double jump for the ability
P.S. *Points at new avatar*

H Y P E R said:
You shouldn't make him swim, because characters
with the swim ability can continute swimming when
they swim out of the water.I'd suggest
double jump for the ability
P.S. *Points at new avatar*

I've been testing his swimming power, and so far, I have yet to see Django swimming in anything that's not water. He has a good thrust that gets him out of it, but he still falls normally. Maybe they kept swimming because multiability was turned on, for when I had that variable activated, my character continued to swim upwards, even when not in water.

As for double jumping, that would defeat the purpose of his spindash ability.

Edit: Avatar looks good, though it could use a bit more body movement vertical wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back