• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

(ZOMFG NEW WIRES) (Chiisu.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

Even though I'm probably going to get ignored or chewed out for this wad, I'm posting it here. Joy. And I know no one except your noobs are going to download it, out of spite. So I seriously have no idea why. Whatever.

playa2a8kd9.png

Ladies and gents, I am dropping the idea of a Syko.wad entirely. I got pretty far on the old one, but it simply bored me. This one is more interesting to design, yadda yadda.

Comments and stuff.

-Stats-

Speed- Faster than Knux, slower than Sonic.
Ability- Slower thok, high jump.
Spindash- short ones only, since you can spindash in place or while running at max speed to high jump.

Oh, and here's this concept art of him.

Dustin-1.jpg

on Edge said:
The sprite and concept art look nothing alike. Also, have fun SOCing the high jump for rolling.
well, the rolling long jump was implemented in the SMS wad, although, it involed the usage of the spindash, it should not be to difficult to implement that kind of move. High jumps are easily made by changing up an S_Skin; though it may need a little SOCing to change the max jump height.

Actually, All he'll be doing is using the Spindash ability with an item that springs you. Real Simple. Doing this, he won't be able to hit enemies while high jumping. And as an added bonus, you can use the ability to high jump someone with you. A lot of you will consider this a bug, but I think it's pretty cool.

Kay guys, an update on this character. I have around 23 frames done, but those frames aren't counting the corner-back frames. Those I have to redo because they look fucked up when rotating.

Updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

I finally did the corner sprite correctly =D So let's have a look-see.

playa4a6hc7.png

Quick-e-Edit- I'll have a spinny rotation in a bit.

Nother edit- kay. It's getting to be too much trouble with all the details on the shoes. Therefore, the shoes will just look plain. These shoes are actually the kind I find myself search through hell and heaven for at the shoe stores. No such luck.

Edit for spinniness, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Also. MS GIF animator is a total bitch, and I do not want to edit each frame in PaintNET. I can. But I won't =3

spinke1.gif

nitro_the_hedghog said:
I don't see any.

Zoom on it then. You see it zoomed in a bit in SRB2. kthx.

And I really am just experimenting with shading styles right now. Cele.wad, which won't be done for a while, bugger off, has a bit more shading because I was experimenting with it.

チース。Chiisu. Cheese in Japanese. Pretty original name.

The concept art and the sprites aren't looking too bad, and it's much more original than many of the current character wads coming now. たいへんよくできました、もがんばってね!:)

Oh damm I was going to post somthing lik that GCFreak =p oh well, but I think Nitro is refering to the animation, it's because Gif files mess up the picture
EDIT:Hey I just noticed, every post i've done so far has made a second page

Keeshaw...

Problem situation: The wings are too hard to animate, so I'm having to redo a _lot_ of frames. This is actually a good thing, because the wings only looked cool from the front ><;;

Also, amateur Japanese name translation site LIES TO ME D:

light dasher said:
Oh damm I was going to post somthing lik that GCFreak =p oh well, but I think Nitro is refering to the animation, it's because Gif files mess up the picture
EDIT:Hey I just noticed, every post i've done so far has made a second page

Hehe, you learn Japanese?

And, Chiisu isn't a name, Sykotic. Cheese as in food. Spelling Cheese in Japanese is Chiisu, which in Katakana (which is the alphabet you use for spelling foreign names) would be チース。

Cheese really IS a bogus name.

Cheese the chao, Cheese, Cheese the Fox, and other crap like that.

Eh, I've stuck with it for so long, that meaning kind of means very little to me. Although it'll be a fun nolstalgic thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back