How to export a wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus8088

Overly sleepy
How exactly do i export my wad level or character from the editor?

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Also, how exactly do i move around in the editor (Hover around, cause i'm kinda stuck to zooming in and out, i wanna move around (Two main questions i got)

[

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

One last one, how do i get those transparent grass textures standing up on the edge of a block?

Uh, this post is incredibly detail-less and very difficult to follow. What do you mean by "move around the editor?" You didn't even specify what editor you were using. I find it hard to rationalize that you can make a wad but not figure out how to save it. Doesn't it ask you what to save the file as when you hit Save/Save As?

To aid your question about grass textures, I don't know anything about mapping but the wiki has tutorials on it and is your best friend when it comes to SRB2 editing.

How exactly do i export my wad level or character from the editor?

Click File > Save as.

Also, how exactly do i move around in the editor (Hover around, cause i'm kinda stuck to zooming in and out, i wanna move around (Two main questions i got)

If you're using a Level editor, move using ESDF (After you enter Visual / 3D Mode with the key Q).

One last one, how do i get those transparent grass textures standing up on the edge of a block?

Set it to Middle texture for both front and back sides on the desired Linedef and check "Lower unpegged" Linedef flag (On Linedef properties Window).

Uh, this post is incredibly detail-less and very difficult to follow. What do you mean by "move around the editor?" You didn't even specify what editor you were using. I find it hard to rationalize that you can make a wad but not figure out how to save it. Doesn't it ask you what to save the file as when you hit Save/Save As?

To aid your question about grass textures, I don't know anything about mapping but the wiki has tutorials on it and is your best friend when it comes to SRB2 editing.

did you quote me as "move around the editor" ? please read more carefully next time, i said IN the editor :)
funny how a change of one word changes the entire context of the sentence
PS:Thanks romio for the help, really appreciate it, def gonna credit you as thanks for the massive help when i release The legend of zelda minish cap wad
PSS: also, how do i add slopes and ceilings?

Last edited:
Create a sector where you want your slope to be, set one if it's sides Linedef effect to one of these mentioned here : https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Slope#Sector-based_slopes depending on what type of slope you want and what side of your sector you want to be sloped, then lower/raise floor/ceiling however you want, That is the first basic type of slopes.

Create a sector where you want your slope to be, set one if it's sides Linedef effect to one of these mentioned here : https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Slope#Sector-based_slopes depending on what type of slope you want and what side of your sector you want to be sloped, then lower/raise floor/ceiling however you want, That is the first basic type of slopes.

what exactly do you mean by "set one if it's sides linedef effect"
i'm confused, could you elaborate?
also, what's a line def type?
because the wiki mentions the line def type a lot in the vertex slopes

Last edited:
Yeah, "linedef effect" and "linedef type" refer to the same thing, the type of special effect assigned to the linedef.

Since you seem unsure of some details of mapping, have you checked the wiki's Zone Builder tutorial at all to help? https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Zone_Builder_tutorial

Yes actually, read through it all, don't worry, besides the crashing of the screenshot function
and after millions of trial and error by making new maps with new sectors over and over, i've finally got control over slopes and their anatomy, fully playable, and the physics included

The 3D view really is handy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back