Sonic Robo Blast 2, Possible to get onto DS with this maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopalongtom

Now this has gotten me exited

http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&p=17&i=9009&s=8

For those who don't want to follow the link blind!
MAX Media Player is the most exciting utility ever created for the Nintendo DS and DS Lite. The MAX Media Player software package issupplied on a DS cart which fits directly into the DS cartridge slot on your console. Your media, such as videos, MP3s, apps and home brew titles, are stored on a device which fits in your GBA slot. But what is this device? Well, that depends on which version of MAX Media Player you go for. Remember, all MAX Media Player packages are compatible with both the DS and the DS Lite…

I havn't got this device yet but When I do I'm thinking it may be possible to port Sonic Robo Blast 2 onto the Nintendo DS!

Sorry but it won't. There was another topic on this, and it was locked. The DS apparently according to that topic could not handle it.

I have stuff to run homebrew, but there's no way SRB2 would run on it. Especially not without a bunch of work on the current game to get it work on such a weak console..

The PSP is possible, but this community has a bunch of Nintendo fanboys, so good luck.

Gameplay above graphics, thats what we always say at Nintendo!

Anyway, SRB2-DS has been requested many times, and we gave the same anwer all the time. Not possible, unless you edit the grapic card, power, and that stuff.

SRB2 DS can totally be done....
The problem isn't that it is too graphic intensive for the DS, its that SRB2 itself is so slopply coded that it takes up more resources then it really needs...
To do a DS version would need someone to go through the code and make it all run efficiantly....
Its just no one is really willing to do that and so we are stuck with our very crippled version of SRB2 instead of hitting its true potential in terms running smooth as silk....

If SRB2 got optimized, everyone here could run Botanic Serenity Zone with no problems at all...

I agree that it takes more resources than would be necessary to produce the same, or even better results. However, the fault lies with the legacy code this is all based on; it isn't really made for such heavy-duty stuff, and there are much more efficient ways of achieving these results out there. However, at this point, we can't switch from legacy. And even if we could, it would entirely change the way SRB2 works!

Sorry, but srb2 on the DS is just not going to happen.

If SRB2 got optimized, everyone here could run Botanic Serenity Zone with no problems at all...

Actually, that problem happens with just about any DooM port. I tried it in GZDoom and I noticed that the slow-downs were about the same as they were on SRB2. The level is incredibly complex, and because DooM's BSP isn't very optimized, you can get some real nasty slow-down when viewing the entire area at once.

Oh yeah, GZDoom turns some of the flower decorations into little particle fountains. Hee hee.

BSZinGZDoom.png

Yeah, I know that was off-topic.

I know that there are some people that would be totally willing to, but there are HIGH chances that when it gets ported, the guys that ported it will claim that the game is theirs...

Ah well it was a good idea to dream about :P !

I wouldn't mind if they got it working on the PSP, I just won't get the PSP until I can find at least 3 games other than a converted SRB2 that I want for it!

Thusfar there are no PSP games I want, meaning no reason to buy it!

ok two things:
1. While it may SEEM impossible to port SRB2 to the DS, it's not. However, a MAJOR code clean-up would need to be done.
2. I may be able to clean up the code in about a year as I am learning C++ and DS homebrew(hopefully i could port srb2 1.1 to DS by that time.)

My brother is learning C++ at University so i might be able to ask him about the matter, but if he can do something. Or realisticly him doing something is somewhat unlikely.

Zanyhead said:
ok two things:
1. While it may SEEM impossible to port SRB2 to the DS, it's not. However, a MAJOR code clean-up would need to be done.
2. I may be able to clean up the code in about a year as I am learning C++ and DS homebrew(hopefully i could port srb2 1.1 to DS by that time.)

Bump!

Shuffle's post above is correct

So is BigBoi's, too many damn Nintenboys, not enough Sonyboys that know how to code that well to port it.

Although...

*glares at orospakr*

Okay, now back on topic...... Well, I doubt that Srb2 would work properly on the DS because of how it is coded with Doom Legacy. But Srb2 on Wii is a different question........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back