SRB2JTE.exe: The official SRB to JTE conversion utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
The supervirus popped up when I started the game, but how do I make it stop?

It happens every single time I start it up. It was cool at first, but now it's just annoying...

You have to start the game and play a little bit without cheats. Your total time is divisible by...some number, I can't remember. Anything/0=0: No remainder.

Q: I started up the game like normal, but then the screen turned staticky and everything went all red and demonic! What is this; how did it happen; and what does it do?

A: By chance, the intro and title screen may be temporarily hijacked by a zany function created by JTE known as the Supervirus. This is not actually a virus, and does not affect any other aspect of SRB2JTE; in fact, if you end a game and return to the title screen, the title will already be returned to its normal state.

See more at: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2JTE

Nonono, lemme explain... I'm assuming he had 0 playtime with the game, and since X divided by 0 explodes the world, the virus is activated.

Didn't you know that's what the supervirus really is? A doomed universe! DON'T INVOKE IT!

TonySpaZ said:
You have to start the game and play a little bit without cheats. Your total time is divisible by...some number, I can't remember. Anything/0=0: No remainder.
Without cheats? You mean like objectplace and devmode, right?

Ezer.Arch said:
Q: I started up the game like normal, but then the screen turned staticky and everything went all red and demonic! What is this; how did it happen; and what does it do?

A: By chance, the intro and title screen may be temporarily hijacked by a zany function created by JTE known as the Supervirus. This is not actually a virus, and does not affect any other aspect of SRB2JTE; in fact, if you end a game and return to the title screen, the title will already be returned to its normal state.

See more at: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2JTE

I did read the wiki, I'm not an idiot. It just didn't help. >.>

You can activate the Supervirus by fighting Eggman in GFZ3. There's a 1/8th of a chance that he'll have some red sprites around him. Just wait 40 seconds and he'll activate the Supervirus. The Supervirus is also activated based on your total play time. The game divides your total play time by 16, and if it has no remainder, then you get the Supervirus.

So in order to get rid of the Supervirus, try entering a level before you quit and see if that helps. The best way to avoid the Supervirus is by using objectplace or by loading a WAD. Because game data is not recorded by loading WADS or using objectplace, the game shouldn't record your play time when you quit, so if do that when your play time divided by 16 has a remainder, you shouldn't get the Supervirus.

Clay said:
I did read the wiki, I'm not an idiot. It just didn't help. >.>
Oh sorry, I haven't paid attention you said before you had already read the wiki. Did you? (XD)

As I have said "if you end a game and return to the title screen, the title will already be returned to its normal state". It always worked for me, but after a couple of times you have played JTE, such virus will happen again, and again and again... sorry, I don't know how to remove it definitively (or else, using some kind of script or like). :<

If you want to skip the whole SuperVirus ordeal at the beginning of startup, use a batch command to automatically warp to MAP01 or something.

Thank god....

I still want to avoid the super virus though I kinda find it creepy that when playing against Eggman with it on as it can make the screen static and and it stays like that. (It is quite a shame it crash's the game when done on a net game though because it would have been hurlarious to see what people said after it wen't static.)

(0% Grammer)[/code]

You aren't the single person ;) I think personally Super Virus is (I'm not insulting your maestry, JTE) crap. SRB2JTE looses a lot with this.
(Sorry for bad english)

What does unic mean.

Also back when all it was is a little joke where you used the code and it was fun. (Even though it was often used with the tails doll wad)

Now it freaks people out. (If only the supervirus was replaced with Rick Roll)

WOW THATS A VERY COOL IDEA! And unic means... eeeh... single. Yes! I want to tell you that you aren't single person that the Super Virus seems creepy. (And idiot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back