Metal Sonic Disappears past teleporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

This thread is exactly the same as it was in the Editing Help sub-forum, And i would kindly like that to be deleted. Anyways, for me this has become a serious issue. Metal Sonic replays don't go past the teleporter, the recorder goes past the teleporters, but metal sonic doesn't appear after the teleporter.
These 2 gifs shall show you what happens... Excuse the Jet replacement sprites.
http://gfycat.com/VapidEachChital
harder to see my point in this one but...
http://gfycat.com/FatherlyReasonableCaudata

I mean, its a REPLAY, how does it not track where the replay is moved?

EDIT: So it turns out the metal sonic replay is still there... It's been moved very far to the right outside of the stages boundaries. I have no idea what the cause of this is... Don't believe me? Test it your self ._.

Last edited:
This is a retarded bump and I might get an infraction for it, but I believe i figured out a problem with this, The coding for MT_METALSONIC_RACE doesn't seem to act perfectly similar to MT_PLAYER. MT_PLAYER has a starting point (Player 01 Start), same as MT_METALSONIC_RACE (Metal Sonic (Race), when that point isn't added to the map, the game will display an error for MT_PLAYER, but not for MT_METALSONIC_RACE. Why am I stating this? Because if you try to use -metal without setting the thing object, the recording player starts in the middle of the level. Again, why do I state this? Every single time the teleport takes place to the object, it's supposed to teleport the player/object to MT_TELEPORTMAN. In conclusion, MT_METALSONIC_RACE ISN'T CODED TO TELEPORT LIKE A PLAYER. The object- That should've been teleported in the first place- goes to the middle of the level, as if there wasn't a properly coded destination after going through the linedef. But objects- as well as players- should be able to teleport without a problem... but maybe this one might be an exception...

[2.1.15] Metal Sonic has a horrible GPS

If you've seen it before, you already know what I'm talking about, if not, lemme explain: Whenever Metal Sonic goes through a player teleport sector, it will teleport to an incorrect location away from where the recording, and the teleport destination thing originally goes. It's becoming a nuisance for me due to the obviously outdated SRB2 Riders having teleporting sectors as a part of the race track, like Green Cave, Digital Dimension, Dark Desert, Babylon Guardian, and so on. Some of these tracks had some pretty good (and very old) recordings of the track. Can this at least be fixed for 2.2?

RDQcwSc.gif

Last edited:
So is this just a repeat of http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=39731 then?

Moderator Notice:
For those of you wondering why the above link takes you to the same thread the post is in, Duon made a second thread about Metal Sonic replays and teleporters, and I made a reply to it. However, this second thread was then merged into Duon's original bug report thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back