How to get High Score Emblems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroRampage

Video Game Youtuber
I have completed this game multiple times, and never really had a problem completing it until now.. These added Record attack emblems are cool and all, but the high score one just seems broken as hell.

On GFZ Act 1 (with Sonic), my best time is 13.31 seconds, best rings is 206, and best high score is 123200. Really? I may not be the best player in the world, but those stats are nothing to sneeze at.

On a level like EggRock Zone, sure, it should be hard, but on the first level? If you ask me, this is a bit much. That score is WAY too high for the beginning of the game, and I think the requirements for high score in record attack should be tweaked a bit.

Anyway, am I missing something? Is there something special I have to do in Record Attack to get a better score? Cause from what I'm seeing, I have to kill a ton of enemys, get a ton of rings, AND beat the level in under 30 seconds. That's a bit much..

Anyway, no disrespect to the devs, I love you guys, and I love this game, but I think you guys sometimes forget that not everybody is as good as you are at this game. You guys made the game, of course you'll be amazing at it, haha

The issue with GFZ1 is that the time bonus is so ridiculous that the score requirement has to be either ridiculously hard or basically the same thing as time attacking the level. Did you get the invincibility? Using that and chaining kills (your chain doesn't reset while you're invincible) to the end of the level is the best way to get the score emblem there.

Score attacking is one of those things that takes intricate knowledge of powerup locations to do properly. I still haven't gotten any of them outside of GFZ1 (and ERZ3, but that's basically the same thing as ring attacking with how few methods of scoring that boss has), but that's mostly due to a lack of caring to find all the best places to use an armageddon shield or something like that. It would be nice to see some requirements lowered just a tad, but you can get all of the content-based unlockables without a single score emblem anyway so it's not a huge deal.

Last edited:
Yeah, most of the score emblems are gonna require that you do at least something in the level that gets you a huge score. In GFZ1, the invincibility chain and a perfect bonus does the trick. In GFZ2, you're gonna want to herd all the crawlas you can together at the beginning and nuke them. In some zones, it's pretty straightforward, though, like the entirety of ERZ - just get all the 1-ups (every 1-up will either give you 1000 or 10000 points, depending on how hard it is to get) and a decent chunk of the rings and you'll be good. Just remember to loop around at the end of ERZ2 and take the other path.

Actually, I had no problem getting the time bonus. I just went on with Sonic and thoked through the level and got it done in 16 seconds.

Red means that the bonus that you get for beating GFZ1 quickly is so high that the requirement for the score emblem has to be even higher, because otherwise doing a score attack for that level would be no different from doing a time attack.

Hey! You just have to pop crawlas, get rings and more things that give you score. I know that is sometimes a bit hard but all of the emblems are not for beginners. Get some time emblems while training for score. They're not very hard.

Actually, that score bonus change was to give you a shot at getting it using speed instead of getting everything.

Score Attack requires you plan out a route and a use for all the major powerups in the stage. When planning out how you're going to do it, the easiest way is to think about the following:

1. Where are the Invincibility and Armageddon Shields in the stage, and where are large amounts of enemies? The 16th enemy in a chain and beyond are worth 10K points each, which rapidly adds up. Armageddon in particular is extremely powerful with this effect, allowing you to instantly get hundreds of thousands of points if you can find or lure enough enemies together.
2. Can you get a Perfect Bonus in the stage? Collecting every ring in the stage provides you 50K points plus 100 points for each ring in the stage. In GFZ1 that's 78500 points right there, and in larger stages, it can be even more. Even if you can't perfect the stage, the ring bonus of 100 per ring is really significant and collecting a lot of rings can be a big help towards getting a huge score.
3. Where are the 1-Ups in the stage? Each 1-Up monitor is worth points in Record Attack. Flagged monitors that are harder to reach are worth 10000 points, and unflagged monitors are worth 1000. While most stages don't have a huge amount of these, grabbing them can make the difference in hitting the requirement.

Beyond that, remember to just do everything you relevantly can. If you can chain 2 enemies together for an extra 100 points, do it! It's not exciting but every little bit helps. The Score Attack requirements are mostly all set that with some planning you shouldn't have any real trouble hitting it, but just going into the stage and killing all the enemies isn't going to be enough unless you figure out a way to chain them.

After playing for another day or so, It isn't as hard as I thought it would be.
I didn't know about the invincibility or Armageddon shield chaining.. Or the 1-up points. Once I figured those things out, The rest of the missions weren't that bad, but were a bit tedious, haha. It is a pretty good way to encourage exploration, and since the patch (2.1.2) I'm able to find the hidden emblems WHILE doing the high score run!

GFZ2 is giving me trouble, I have some ideas on what to do but its still a real pain in my-

On the plus side, I have all 8 emblems in AGZ now... score and ring were done together and only took me oh... 52 minutes.

GFZ2 is giving me trouble, I have some ideas on what to do but its still a real pain in my-

I got the GFZ2 one by playing as Tails, getting the armageddon shield, then luring all the crawlas at the beginning of the stage together. That gives you over 100,000 points on its own. There's also a 10,000 point box hidden if you fly up the open section of the tunnel right before springs leading to the large room near the end of the stage. Then, grab a bunch of rings, and you're done. I ended up getting 175,000 points with that strategy, which was more than I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back