• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 3D Robo Blast; A working tittle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I'm actually listening to Saturn's tracks right now! The music is defiantly worth discussing. Let me start...

I like most of Saturn's tracks because there more ambient. Gene Gadget and Panic Puppet have certainly met my standards and I will be using those. However, GGZ and SSZ have entirely too much piano and it makes it sound loungy. I find SSZ's tracks are actually quite hard to listen to.

I'm also a little eccentric. I have memories of the Genesis game whereas I didn't even know Saturn had a version until recently. My Saturn emulator is garbage (I think all of them are) So even now I can't play the game. So, for me the music changes should be handled delicately and I'll probably end up useing a combination.

Last edited:
More!

Another thing I forgot to mention.

Badniks!

That hideous goopy robot.
zgbhl.png

And the GGZ turret.
YZJQ7.png

I've still got a lot to learn about SOCin' and these things are just standing there for now.

Man... stuff is really looking fantastic so far! I can't wait to see this as finished! Although I must admit, an MD2 pack would really help set things off as well because if you think about it, most of the elements that would have MD2's wouldn't even really have animations.

Last edited:
I appreciate that! It is comin' along but I'm not following your train of though. I don't know anything abut MD2... yet. So, I'm not quiet sure what your saying.

things are lookin' good. My only problems with the original sonic 3D was that it was confusing to control at times, and that the flickies where more annoying than anything.
Seeing the levels ported to srb2 is awesome.
Do you still have to gather flickies?

My biggest problem with the original 3D Blast is that it's not actually 3D. it's the same kind of platforming that Nintendo came out with for RPGs. That's one of the reasons I'm doin' this. And I know, first hand just how not 3D it is. Some of the features and platforms I've run into actually don't work in 3 dimensions:O but I'm keeping it as accurate as possible.

No flickies. That would take some epic SOC work and I'm just now learning how to make enemies. I may come out with a flicky version later but for now I'm building the zones for speed!

IDEA!!! It would be fun to SOC a few flickies that would just bounce around the zones!

Yeah, I recommend the SSF emulator. But the emulator is a little unstable. Sometimes it can crash with no reason.

Well I've downloaded it and I'll soon give it a try. Playing Saturn 3D Blast would be... uh... a blast!

Anyway, while I'm here I'd like to announce the successful completion of my first really comprehensive SOC. Huge thanks to the good people in that help thread especially Spirit Crusher, Prime 2.0, and http://mb.srb2.org/member.php?u=2383Monster Iestyn. I don't know if I could have pulled it off without your help and if I could I have no idea how long it would have taken me.

Here it is! The GGZ Turret complete with it's green hotdog missiles.

qBNmF.png

There's another surprise here that you can't see and you're just going to have to wait;)

At first I was skeptic about this project, but it actually looks pretty nice, it definitely has more effort than every other port of an official game in SRB2. Though 3D Blast's levels are boring without the flickies (and aren't particularly fun with them anyway), I guess some gimmicks will be added to make the levels work in SRB2?

Though 3D Blast's levels are boring without the flickies (and aren't particularly fun with them anyway), I guess some gimmicks will be added to make the levels work in SRB2?

Could it be that you're just not a 3D Blast fan? The levels are different from other Sonic games but with all the varying terrain, zoomtubes and secrets I'm shoving into the corners it's not boring, sir. Though the SRB2 engine does prompt me to make it more intense. Gimmicks? Yes! I will admit though, that having the levels already designed with their own flow (that I want to keep intact) does make gimmick making a little trickier.

Last edited:
I know this'll be awesome. I've been waiting for a wad made in SRB2 CB. I also can't wait to play these levels without collecting flickies. =D

Actually, I play a hacked version of 3D Blast in which not only do you not have to collect flickies but it's rigged for Super Sonic. That's right, collect emeralds, go super. The way nature intended.

Actually, I play a hacked version of 3D Blast in which not only do you not have to collect flickies but it's rigged for Super Sonic. That's right, collect emeralds, go super. The way nature intended.
And the water in Green Grove turns super too!

In all seriousness, this level pack looks pretty cool. I enjoyed S3DB even with the abysmal controls and annoying flickies, so I'm eagerly anticipating the results of this project.

Why don't you reanimate Sonic so he actually looks like hes in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back