• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Silver the Hedgehog: The Level Pack (working title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeck, I honestly can't think of a way to do that without making the enemies completely invulnerable to jumping. And Fyrus, those aren't actually my sprites, they're the Silver/Blaze sprites from SRB2Riders.

But then, Blaze's current sprites in SRB2Riders are ugly, not to mention out-of-date since before 2.0's release.

I don't see what's so ugly about them, and just because there do exist newer sprites doesn't mean the newer ones are better. I first played SRB2Riders after the release of the newer character WAD, and when I saw Blaze's sprites, I actually thought they were an updated version of the other ones because of how much easier on the eyes and fitting for the SRB2 style they looked.

You mean aside from the thick black outline, awful spinning frame flames, terrible shading and color changing sideburns didn't tip you off that they were awful?

The "thick" black outline is only one pixel, the spinning frames seem fine to me, the shading looks only barely worse than that of the default SRB2 characters, and... sideburns? What are you taking about? How can a Sonic character have sideburns if they're completely covered in fur? I suppose it's mostly a matter of opinion, though.

May I ask why everyone is trying to make Sonic Robo Blast 2 modern style and add modern characters like silver its like everyone is forgetting it's suppose to be like the classic games also this type of game play doesn't look like it will work on SRB2.

Just because SRB2 is meant to be somewhat like the classics (although it has many qualities that make it different from both the classics and modern gameplay), doesn't mean that modifications are limited to that vision. :p
Besides, what he is doing looks very interesting. I didn't know that SOCs were capable of doing some of these things. He is actually changing the gameplay, where as some people just change the look of the character.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm new on the SRB2 Message Board.
I think this is a great idea, especially Silver with his telekinesis.
With Blaze's ability you should set it to "Homing Attack" and use the "Double Jump Thok" soc to be the "Accelerator Tornado", and the homing attack would be for the "Spinning Claw" thing.
If needs be, message me and I'll try sending you the code for the "Double Jump Thok".

P.S. This project is a great idea and I would do anything to get my hands on it :)

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll see if I can give you a download of what I have, though.

Okay, thanks! Will this topic be locked? Just wondering, because it hasn't been getting updates since last year.

As far as I know, topics like this are only locked if they remain dormant for years and years and then someone bumps them. If it's been long enough since they were last posted in, though, then they might as well be locked.

EDIT: Link to unfinished mess of a mod--https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe93lau4trtzp6c/scr_svth.wad?m

Last edited:
Cool, i use dropbox too.
Just tried out the wad, it's AMAZING! I have never seen anything like it!
One thing, and that is Blaze. What is her jump ability actually meant to be?
And congrats for making such a neat wad.

One thing, and that is Blaze. What is her jump ability actually meant to be?

The original plan was to have a upgrade in the mod that would transform that bizarre ability into a double jump thok. Until that upgrade was obtained, the double jump ability would be as close as possible to nothing within the limits of the thokitem-spawning abilities. There's also code in there for a psychic forcefield and stomp attack as upgrades for Silver and a fireball-like aimable spindash for Blaze.

[LATEPOST]I think you need someone to help you code more states and other placements for soc editor (or you can try and learn coding). If you do start learning code you might want to take a look at this (I doubt that you haven't).[/LATEPOST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back