• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Playable Sonic by r543

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i now have my laptop back and fixed up the last sprite i showed and this is the updated sprite.
Kj3XSal

Last edited:
Sonic's left foot got a cramp and his right leg looks odd. The shading on his head is a bit awkward, and though I'm for using different emotions during different frames, it doesn't seem natural for sonic to have his mouth running while running.

Not the most amazing spriter in the world, but I thought I would edit it a bit, what do you think?
PLAY.png

The first one makes sonic look as if he has chipmunk cheeks, the fourth one, his top left spike still look a bit cricked. but other than that they look A-OK.

What's with Sonic's mouth in the first sprite? (The front view) Looks like he's eating something or even holding the breathe.

Yeah, I'll do something about that tomorrow, I can't right now. I'm not good at spriting, but I think I shaded the sprites pretty well. But I may be wrong.
Thanks for feedback.

---------EDIT--------------

I decided to update anyway.
PLAYA.png

Last edited:
That sprite looks amazing from a distance, but it's really messy to work with, like the default sprites. Did you do a large image and scale it down by any chance?

Excuse you, but I do this all without even scaling it down. All that detailing you see, I placed it all on my own, pixel by pixel. T'was always how I've done it for all of my SRB2 sprites, and the best part is that this sprite isn't even close to the mess that it was working on Knuckles, because I intentionally kept it more simple than the default sprites are.

Of course, if you think that's too complicated for you, you better start practicing. Spriting was never meant to be easy.

Excuse you, but I do this all without even scaling it down. All that detailing you see, I placed it all on my own, pixel by pixel. T'was always how I've done it for all of my SRB2 sprites, and the best part is that this sprite isn't even close to the mess that it was working on Knuckles, because I intentionally kept it more simple than the default sprites are.

Of course, if you think that's too complicated for you, you better start practicing. Spriting was never meant to be easy.

I know. Sorry, I'm just awful at spriting.

Also, I will always agree that MotorRoach's sprite looks better, as when you've got a more complicated sprite, it looks better ingame.
I have been practicing spriting for a couple of weeks, but it'll take a while to get up to good standards.

Slight update:

PLAYA_b.png

and to compare:

Old
PLAYA.png

Oldest
PLAY.png

Last edited:
r543 hasn't been posting here for a while now, I wonder where he went.
Anyway, that's all I will do to help, I have too many other projects to finish for now.

I would hope this gets done soon but r543 told me that he does one to two sprites a day, so who knows how long this will take. BUT, if it is takes longer, the sprites may be of really great quality.

I would hope this gets done soon but r543 told me that he does one to two sprites a day, so who knows how long this will take. BUT, if it is takes longer, the sprites may be of really great quality.

That's true, but it's always best to post your progress, as people can give feedback on it, and tell you how to make it better. He may make a mistake, not notice it, but it may make nobody else like the sprites.

Saying that, I'm working on my "Original" character in private at the moment.

i would ask him for his progress with a private message but i dont ever see him on anymore anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back