Replacing sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
I want to replace sprites of some the Scenery things, but it doesn't work. I looked on the wiki and named my custom sprites the same as what the wiki says they are called. The sprite even shows up the way I want it to on the SRB2DB things menu- but not in game. I tried replacing the orange flower, but it doesn't work.

Help appreciated.

I tried replacing the orange flower, but it doesn't work.

Well, I don't know how to "mess" with XWE so much yet.

Did you replace both FWR1A0 and FWR1B0 sprites? A thing you could try would be deleting old entries and adding new ones.

Last edited:
Did you modify srb2.srb itself??? *sigh* Take senkuserv20.wad and change the sprites in there with XWE and switch the sprites, if necessary.

@SML, are you talking with me? If so:

No, I did not!!! I made a back before. I have a copy of srb2.srb in separate folder so I can mess with it for my amusement. =P

-snaps- I think I know the answer. Did you put the correct (Letter Here)_START and (Letter Here)_END? I'm pretty sure that's vital to the making of it.

*Ahem*, you mean "S_START" and "S_END"?
This is the problem if the game does not display the sprites and instead gives a message in the top-left corner saying something along the lines of: "Invalid sprite data detected and removed."

If so, your sprites need to be in between S_START and S_END.

Another problem may be that the sprites aren't in the srb2 palette. To fix this look at this post.

I do have an S_START and S_END, with the frames FWR1A0 and FWR1B0 between them.

And the sprites are in the palette. I made the sprite with the palette at my side, so no doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back