• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Christmas 2009 (Construction/Portation topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half Light Blocks work in a similar fashion to old water, where it goes from the spot where you tell it to start all the way to the floor.

Oh, a few more things:

Emerald Coast and XSRB2 do NOT get along, and even after using vanilla SRB2, I notice tons of ceilings are offlevel with varying heights which look ugly (and I don't recall the other versions having that issue). Might wanna fix that, and maybe tone down the water; IIRC, there is water beyond the thok barrier, which may be causing errors not only in XSRB2, but some graphical errors in Vanilla SRB2. Emerald Coast MRX's lighthouse has REDFLR under a part of it, and if you die and respawn in a checkpoint after the music change, the music switches back to the first tune. In Final Boss Zone, in the area with all the Crawlas, there's one Modern Crawla there by accident. Also, why have Remix mode in the unlockables if it's by default? Just a hangover you didn't delete yet? And the Megamix preview is selectable without all the emblems; I just got some emblems (not even enough for mirror) and 7 emeralds. And finally, you may want to discard the level select option and replace it with a room having multiple exits to the levels, so players can't exploit having Pandora's Box open. Oh, and you may want to start using some of the new 2.0 textures in some of the Remix and Megamix levels. You know, to make them look more fresh.

Also, may I use the Silver Ring Monitor and invisible spring SOCs? I would love to use the Silver Ring Monitor in my OLDC level, and the invisible spring may come in handy for a few things.

Last edited:
The exploit will remain untill it's fixed in the unmodded game. Besides, I still have around 24-25 levels to convert.

And XSRB2 Compatibility may not happen as the mod does not have a release in the releases section. The Emerald Coast music fix is in the works, if you open up the beta I sent you, you would find a currently unused script for one of the Emerald coast maps for changing the music.

*Goes to fix the Redfloor*

As for Megamix preview Shouldn't" NeededGrade = 10" work for both:
Code:
8 = Gotten all emblems.
2 = Completed the game with all the emeralds
Or did something goof up?

REF: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Customizable_Unlockables_Tutorial

Last edited:
So you want that certain part to look ugly? I know you're all for gameplay over visuals, but that just looks downright ugly.

It's not like the others, and it sand out the most amongst the Remix levels. It ain't the prettiest, but it's the most unique looking level in remix. And being that most remix levels look the same as the originals in terms of textures, I had to pick something that stood out. Hell, if I cared about it looking ugly, I wouldn't have made the temple-ish thing to the left pure white. It's just there to show the difference between the two.

This just in, Mirror mode classic is now playable. 15 maps left to convert. I might make Christmas. If I miss Christmas, you can expect the mod sometime before New years. I'm not having a repeat of 2006.

D00d64, how is the save system holding up for you in this mod? For me it's stuck on Mode select.

Last edited:
It only gets stuck on Mode Select in Remix. Otherwise, it sticks on Final Boss Zone. I think it has something to do with hardcoding on the map numbers.

Oooh, mirror mode! I've only unlocked one thing... Just gotta remember what it was...

It only gets stuck on Mode Select in Remix. Otherwise, it sticks on Final Boss Zone. I think it has something to do with hardcoding on the map numbers.

so it sticks on either of those two levels. Okay. I can't really don anything about this due to having 2 levels go to the credits. It's a good thing that this year Remix mode is now a part of Level select.

Edit: hit a speed bump earlier, involving a headache, but only 5 maps are left to convert.

Err 6 maps, forgot I had another megamix map.

Edit2: The last map has been converted, but there is no time to fix up drilla.

Christmas mode will not be included as there is no time to include it as a bonus this year.
It may get released either the week of newyears, or sometime next year.

EDIT the Release is currently held up in submittions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back