Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you seriously just ask that here.
Of course it's working, how would you do a mod without one

I don't see the point in it being on SRB2Kart. This mod only has Multiplayer and you don't unlock anything while playing with others. So most likely, no.

Okay...? I guess I'm gonna haven to put my level pack's 'Ultima Cup' as a non-level-select level, but accessible from the previous race. Fine by me =/

You CAN make unlockables in SRB2Kart. You just need to make the config of the game like you would with a regular level pack in sb2win.exe (There just won't be any players for you to race if you allow single-player Kart mode.) It has no real point, unless you want to force players to other emblems on their own time and get some sort of secret level, which just ruins the fun of SRB2Kart anyway. But it's your level pack, not mine. And if you're trying time attacks, that's broken.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Fixed kart maps! - We are going to be fixing up the maps completely so they work properly with the new system as well as future implementations planned. You may need it to play with us, and I'll keep this topic up-to-date on any new packages of the fixed maps.

This version:
- Fixes the bad checkpoint in Blue Mountain. (Item dickery at the ramp is still intact though. ;P)
- Fixes to checkpoints in Azure City.
- Fixes to checkpoints in Skyrise Metropolis.
- Fixes to checkpoints in Chemical Facility.
- Removes an unavoidable crusher in Chemical Facility.
- Remodeling of the checkpoints entirely in Ribbon Road.

I also want to point out this topic here --> Click me!
This will help you set up checkpoints properly in your map so we don't have to go around fixing any checkpoints in the future. More checkpoint fixing means less progress from us. :P

Last edited:
I've been aware that whenever a fellow fan of SRB2Kart shares content related to SRB2Kart, people keep asking about it being dead or not.

The definitive answer is NO

Right now, we are working towards:
Finishing up the kart sprites.
Fixing all the maps, and their checkpoints.
Including some new maps in the rotation.
New movement/accel code.
Blue shells.
Making new maps to go along with the current ones.
A possible playable Kirby.
Vastly improved item balance and item distribution techniques.

So please do not ask this again. We are working on it, and it's far from dead. Any further questions asking if it's dead is pretty well pointless, since you know what the answer will be. There's something called patience. You waited 10+ years for SRB2 to come this far, and yet you ask this to this mod.

I'm sorry if I seem a little harsh, but I've seen it bother a lot of fans recently. I'm not asking for much here.

Wow this all sounds great!

One question, when you say finishing up the kart sprites, are you adding more animations for more actions too? It'd be really nice to have some turning and drifting animations

We're considering keeping Blue lightning in, along with the blue shell.

There's a few proposed uses for the blue lightning:
1. It acts like a nuke having an area of effect
2. It becomes a blue bolt forward, instantly hitting anyone in it's path until it hits a wall, like a penetrating rail.
3. Becomes a higher rank sort of "Blue Shell" where it doesn't do quite as much damage as a Blue Shell would (So ranks 3-5 get blue lightning, 6-8 get blue shell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back